Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Trying to create slide show and having issues
Sloanhaus [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 16, 2022 12:41 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
So I have edited all the pictures and even created gifs with moving parts to them. I have gone to the create tab and have tried uploading a song a created for her and it won't play. I have uploaded it as a mp3. and a wma. I keep getting an error when uploading it says
"an error occurred while opening the background music file. It could bring upexpected preview and production results.

It won't play when I play the slide show.

Other questions?

Am I able to put in Gif's into the slideshow? I created animated photos
Am I able to change the amount of time between photo transition. Some photos I would like to appear longer than others.

Thanks for your help.

Sloanhaus
 Filename
James Walker - Songfinch - Nothing More Important To Us.wma
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2551 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
99 time(s)
 Filename
James Walker - Songfinch - Nothing More Important To Us.mp3
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
6014 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
104 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 20. 2022 20:12

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for sharing the two audio clips. I have no trouble playing either one as the background music in PhotoDirector so there must be something amiss with your computer. Can you share the exact version you have installed, and follow the steps in the << READ ME >> guide and share the DxDiag test results?

As for your other questions, the Slideshow tool is meant to get you up and running quickly but it doesn't allow you to have fine control over the details. In your case, there's only a single setting for the duration of all clips, and only static images can be included (there's a separate tab for GIFs).

Even though you've spent all this time getting things set up in PhD, you might need to switch to PowerDirector and import all the images and GIFs there to have the full control over duration and allowed content types. You'd also have full control over the transition style between clips and could vary them if desired.

If time is short you may just want to stick with the slideshow as-is, and maybe the attached .M4A version of your clip will work for you straight away. Good uck!
 Filename
James Walker - Songfinch - Nothing More Important To Us.m4a
[Disk]
 Description
converted m4a clip
 Filesize
3751 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
80 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 18. 2022 13:11