Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Resize feature anchored to the center; cannot freely resize
NovazYT [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 19, 2019 20:03 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
So I've been using PD for many years, I recently upgraded from PD18 to PD20, and let's just say I'm less than impressed.

I want to resize my video/image. When I click on a video in the timeline, it highlights that video/image that I clicked in the Preview Window; displaying eight nodes for me to quickly resize and reshape my video with.

Let's say I want to quickly resize a webcam video and place it in the top left corner for my gaming video, I used to be able to simply click and hold the bottom right node, and instantly resize the video to fit the top left as I saw fit. Now, in PD20, if I want to do that, it'll resize the video inward towards the center; despite me dragging from a corner node, I don't know why the resize feature in the preview window is now anchored to the center of the element, but it is, and it makes quick and easy resizing a complete nightmare; as I have well over fifty videos and images to resize per video.

I've tried to move the anchor around in the PiP Designer, but I need to be able to freely resize on the go; no anchors, and not worry about finicking with the anchor feature on EVERY SINGLE VIDEO/IMAGE, because in that case it'd take me days to produce a video with the amount of precise edits that I need to do.

How do I freely resize a video without being restrained by the anchor feature?

(As you can see in the attached image, I'm dragging from a corner node, yet it's resizing inward towards the centre, which I do not want. This was never an issue in PD18 and all the versions prior.)
[Thumb - Screenshot (192).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (192).png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
191 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote How do I freely resize a video without being restrained by the anchor feature?

You really can't, it's relative to the anchor point and now by default anchor point initially always established at center. Yes, significant departure from PD18 that had roaming anchor based on selection location, the new anchor is more flexible but not well implemented in my view.

Discussed prior https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/84410.page#post_box_348917 and https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/84233.page#post_box_348180

Best one could do is use the File > Rate Us & Provide Suggestions and let CL know of your concerns.

Jeff