Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Micro Stuttter on 4k MKV files
hecmgm [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 17, 2022 16:48 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, I recently purchased PowerDVD 21 so I can play MKV 4K movie files on my 4K TV from my laptop through HDMI cable, while playing I see a micro stutter every like 3 seconds, after that the movement is smooth but then again the micro stutter all movie long, please help! How can I stop that?
(HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop - 16-a0001la, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
141 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
295 time(s)
[Thumb - True Theater not available.jpg]
 Filename
True Theater not available.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
135 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
15 time(s)
[Thumb - PowerDVD21 Hardware info.jpg]
 Filename
PowerDVD21 Hardware info.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
34 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
15 time(s)

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jan 20. 2022 16:42

QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
It seems your laptop let you plug your external monitor to the NVIDIA GPU powered port.
I've never seen a laptop can operate with this configuration.

Most of laptops with dual GPUs use the Intel on-board graphic to output the display signal, and use the NVIDIA discrete GPU to accelerate or co-process the gaming or heavy-loading graphics tasks.

Did you launch poweredvd specifically via the NVIDIA GPU using the Windows 10 Graphic Settings? This setting is buggy and would cause compatibility issues in my experience.

To just play a 4K and popular MKV file, I think it usually doesn't need a discrete NVIDIA GPU to engage anyway.
Do not use the option in the Windows to launch powerdvd using the NVIDIA GPU as your main GPU of video output is the Intel one.
Make all graphics setting go with Windows system default option, reboot PC if required, and check the playback in powerdvd.
It might give you the best compatibility.

Or, you can contact cyberlink support to help you sort out the situation further.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 20. 2022 20:39