Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Exporting to Audio Director produces wrong audio tracks
Kes999 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 12, 2020 05:38 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
So I have about a 45 minute video track and another 6 tracks of music speech, and sound fx. When exporting to Audio director, (with effects applied), A number of wav files that have been removed from the project show up in AD. Some wav files are duplicated e.g. 0805.wav (0) and 0805 (1). The first copy is correct, but the second has speech superimposed on it, (which is wrong) and AD uses the 0805 (1) which is wrong. Also other music and effect wav files start at the wrong places. Sometimes this appears on an audio track, but more often the corruption is on the master track. I just dont get it.

I have deleted the exported directory, and re-exported a number of times, using all the drop down selections in the export dialog, but I still get corruptions, with the wrong audio placements.

So the problem is either with me and what I am doing, or there is a mismatch between what is exported and then being read in from AD, or perhaps AD is incompatible with PD 365?

I have only just paid for the AD yearly subscription, but so far from what I have experienced, well, it does seem to be a waste.

Has anyone got any clues as to what the problem is?
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote So I have about a 45 minute video track and another 6 tracks of music speech, and sound fx. When exporting to Audio director, (with effects applied), A number of wav files that have been removed from the project show up in AD. Some wav files are duplicated e.g. 0805.wav (0) and 0805 (1). The first copy is correct, but the second has speech superimposed on it, (which is wrong) and AD uses the 0805 (1) which is wrong. Also other music and effect wav files start at the wrong places. Sometimes this appears on an audio track, but more often the corruption is on the master track. I just dont get it.

I have deleted the exported directory, and re-exported a number of times, using all the drop down selections in the export dialog, but I still get corruptions, with the wrong audio placements.

So the problem is either with me and what I am doing, or there is a mismatch between what is exported and then being read in from AD, or perhaps AD is incompatible with PD 365?

I have only just paid for the AD yearly subscription, but so far from what I have experienced, well, it does seem to be a waste.

Has anyone got any clues as to what the problem is?

If you take a screenshot of the timeline it might help to understand your problem.
The correct way to use AD from PD.
Select an audio (music or video)
Tools button, Audio Editing by AudioDirector
After making edits click on X and Yes
In PD a new file, name(0).WAV will overwrite the original audio.
I did 2 times the same audio resulted in name(0) (0).WAV
I tested with just one video and one song.
Kes999 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 12, 2020 05:38 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]

If you take a screenshot of the timeline it might help to understand your problem.
The correct way to use AD from PD.
Select an audio (music or video)
Tools button, Audio Editing by AudioDirector
After making edits click on X and Yes
In PD a new file, name(0).WAV will overwrite the original audio.
I did 2 times the same audio resulted in name(0) (0).WAV
I tested with just one video and one song.

So I am doing this the wrong way? OK, I understand that, however, exporting the whole project from the file menu is a valid option no? If it wasnt valid it would not be there.

What I was hoping to do, was remix the tracks as I need some audio ducking on two tracks, whilst setting the volume on a music track. The music has not been normalised. That would destroy intensity of the peaks and troughs and not reflect the authors intent.

So working on one audio track in isolation would not really work for me. Perhaps I need to rethink. Ive attched a picture of the project.
[Thumb - pd365.png]
 Filename
pd365.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
146 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]

So I am doing this the wrong way? OK, I understand that, however, exporting the whole project from the file menu is a valid option no? If it wasnt valid it would not be there.

What I was hoping to do, was remix the tracks as I need some audio ducking on two tracks, whilst setting the volume on a music track. The music has not been normalised. That would destroy intensity of the peaks and troughs and not reflect the authors intent.

So working on one audio track in isolation would not really work for me. Perhaps I need to rethink. Ive attched a picture of the project.

Thanks for capturing the timeline

I never used this option Export Project to AD
Tested here, time consuming process, I think this is to create 5.1 audio
I do it in PD as you did and only audios that need fine adjustments I open in AD without problems.