Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Missing Playhead
Friction [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 26, 2021 19:35 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Everyone -

I was fooling around with video rendering in my timeline and some how the playhead (the little upside white triangle) went missing.

Does anyone have any idea how I get it back?

I have attached a screenshot as suggested

Thanks.
[Thumb - Missing Playhead SS.jpg]
 Filename
Missing Playhead SS.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Missing Play Head Screen Shot
 Filesize
439 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 17. 2022 23:02

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It's simply offscreen. Hit the Home key to return it to the start of the clip (or timeline, depending on your settings). You can also simply click the numbers above the timeline to instantly place it there, or zoom out on the timeline (hit the "-" key) to see where it's currently located.
Friction [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the response. I tried all 3 of your recommendations, and it's still missing...
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]

A screenshot would be very useful.

Use Alt+PrintScreen or the Windows snipping tool (Win+Shift+S) if you have Win10/11, then paste it into Paint or any image editing app then save the image as PNG or JPG. Click on the Attachments button below the forum's text box to upload and share it here.

Friction [Avatar]
[Post New]
[Thumb - Missing Playhead SS.jpg]
 Filename
Missing Playhead SS.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
439 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 18. 2022 00:32

optodata
[Post New]
That might just be a display artifact. Does the timeline preview normally if you hit the spacebar or click on the Play button under the preview window? What happens if you save the project then close & reopen PD?
Friction [Avatar]
[Post New]
I did what you suggested by saving my project and closing PD and when I re-opened the program the play head was there.

Thanks very much for taking the time to help.

Take care!