Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD14 - Attampted to DL a Transition - Not showing up in PD Transitions listings
CS2017 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 06, 2022 15:00 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Howdy Folks,

Yep, it's been a while since I've been back here. I've got a new laptop - ACER 'Nitro' - AN515-54, i5-9300H - [url=mailto:CPU@2.40GH,]CPU@2.40GH,[/url] RAM - 24GB, 64 bit, WIN10 Home version.

Got the PD with the laptop. Says its a PowerDirect LE (UWP) - 14.0.4304.0 version. Copyright 2015.

Amazingly my account in DirectorZone still let's me in and I have downloaded that old camera shutter transition that I had worked on and use way back when. LINK: [url=https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/124831205?k=camera%20shutter]https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/124831205?k=camera%20shutter[/url]

(Tony from Australia should remember this - I dld it from you from this link above).

So, I see the download in my downloads folder - I click on it - I look in my PD Transitions Room, and I don't see it. The file extension on the file that I dld is DZP. Is the PD14 jsut not recognizing this file extension or what?

One (or two) additional thing(s) - I DO get the DirectorZone message stating that ...'The PIP template was successfully installed and is now ready to use. It is available for CyberLink PowerDirector.'

I just don't see it listed in with the transitions - not in the downloaded sub 'room' - not in 'All Rooms'.... not anywhere I can see (I've looked in the other rooms). I HAVE tried to switch back and forth between 4:3 and 16:9 aspects ratios (thought I saw that somewhere as a possible workaround) while in PD14 also - didn't make this dld transition show up.

Any help, greatly appreciated.

Thanks folks, CS ( I see there is still no spell check in the writing of these message.... lol)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 06. 2022 19:43

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The first link for the DZ above is for Camera Shutter as a 16:9 AR Motion Objects so you should find it in the PD14 media library/PiP Object room/Downloaded. I used it as a transition in the past even though it is not an actual transition. Good Luck with it!!
CS2017 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The first link for the DZ above is for Camera Shutter as a 16:9 AR Motion Objects so you should find it in the PD14 media library/PiP Object room/Downloaded. I used it as a transition in the past even though it is not an actual transition. Good Luck with it!!

Tried to go back into the original post and correct the link. Hope it works.

AS far as the media library - the place where those default clips are right (in the media room/library)? ... nope.. not there. In the PIP Objects Room.... downloaded or otherwise... not there either . There are 6 listed under 'General' and 2 under '3D' but none of those are the shutter download.

But, in all seriousness, this might be a minor problem as since I posted this, I've had an issue that looks like it has some history. I searched for it in here and found a couple of responses. This new problem... is in the TItle room. Seems like I can NOT save any new Titles. It was exactly like previously described and Tony's only possible solution was to reinstall PD.

This PD14 came installed and I'm thinking it's a stripped-down version so I'm not sure I'll get much traction here to get this fixed - I understand... really. I don't have a way to reinstall this as I don't have a flash drive or CD with this program on it ... like I said it came with the laptop when I bought it a year ago.

I have found I could copy one of the 4 or 5 titles I had created before it stopped working. I can copy and paste and modify the new copied title.

ANyway, Thanks Thomas for replying, hope you are well and guess I'll see if I can figure out why the DLD transition/PIP isn't showing up anywhere. It says that it downloads sucessfully, but I don't see where it goes.

Take care,
CS
CS2017 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Going to try to reply to the secondary issue I had stated above - NOT the original issue here.

I just noticed when I tried to create a title that MS was sending me a notification that something was trying to access a folder somewhere. I looked at the notification and expanded it. It stated something like 'your administrator has blocked this action'. App or process blocked: PDR.exe
Protected folder: %userprofile%/Documents
Blocked by: Controlled folder access

You can allow apps to access your protected folders, but you should only allow apps that you trust.

Not sure I trust PD but I allowed... and then it seems PD could write the titles to that Documents folder - and any new title I created was sucessfully being saved.

OK.... the original issue... still exists... don't see where the DLD goes... but am given indications that it sucessfully dlds.

CS
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Got the PD with the laptop. Says its PowerDirector LE (UWP)

Your suspicion is correct. The "LE" shows it's a crippled version which may well be the reason it won't save the download.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 19. 2022 15:57

Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64