Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Videos start to flicker inside the application, eventually goes solid black?
BJ1200 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 10, 2012 13:31 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
PDVD20 will open and play 1080p great for a 5-15 seconds. Then is starts to flicker from that videos image to a black screen. The audio plays fine. It flickers faster and faster, then goes to solid black screen. This happens if minimized or full screen. We always use PC mode but does happen in TV mode too. We have a laptop with older PDVD16 that plays videos from the same Synology server just fine.

What Stops This PDVD20 Flickering:
If we change the aspect ratio to "Stretch" and back to "Native" the flicerking stops.
If we turn on TrueTheater Video the flickering stops.
As soon as a new video starts we have to repeat above to stop the flickering.

Troubleshooting Steps Taken:
I updated 6 Dell drivers including the Intel UHD 630 driver. I reinstalled PDVD20, including the most recent patch. I have deleted and reinstalled drivers several times including the Generic PnP Monitor. This is a Samsung 1080p older TV.

What's really odd is this Win10 PC is a dedicated media player. The only thing I can remember that has changed is an update to Firefox 95.