Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blu-ray playback on tv lag
Serenity [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 01, 2021 01:49 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
This is driving me insane. So I bought powerdvd on my laptop so that I can watch blu-rays on my tv via hdmi cable. If I play a blu-ray disc that I burned, then it works as I would expect it to. But if I try to play an official blu-ray disc, it works fine through the menus and warnings, but as soon as the movie starts, it reloads, then now there is a visible lag between the tv and the laptop screen. I need them to be perfectly in sync, how do I fix this? I know for a fact that the powerdvd software is the problem.
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
It's interesting that you can actually play an offical disc on your PC monitor and TV concurrently using powerdvd.

The blu-ray disc contains HDCP protection, and powerdvd comply with the HDCP protection as well.
Theoretically, you cannot play the video on 2 monitors concurrently.

It seems you used some adatper in the middle to connect your TV to PC?
Or, you used a DRM decryptor?

I'm afraid that your playback setup and condition will not be invesitgated by cyberlink because it infringed the HDCP DRM setup.

Try play the movie on your TV only.
And, there will be no synchronization issues as there is no comparison basis.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 01. 2021 02:45

Serenity [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 01, 2021 01:49 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It's interesting that you can actually play an offical disc on your PC monitor and TV concurrently using powerdvd.

The blu-ray disc contains HDCP protection, and powerdvd comply with the HDCP protection as well.
Theoretically, you cannot play the video on 2 monitors concurrently.

It seems you used some adatper in the middle to connect your TV to PC?
Or, you used a DRM decryptor?

I'm afraid that your playback setup and condition will not be invesitgated by cyberlink because it infringed the HDCP DRM setup.

Try play the movie on your TV only.
And, there will be no synchronization issues as there is no comparison basis.

I will try to buy a splitter with HDCP stripping, but I am not sure if it will work. However, I have tried using the tv only in the setup, it just plays the lagged version. Is there a way to adjust audio timing in case of lag like there is on windows media player? I really need this to work perfectly.

Edit: it doesn't give any error message, the movie reloads as soon as it starts, then becomes out of sync and laggy.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 01. 2021 10:21

Forum Moderator [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2018 01:01 Messages: 578 Offline
[Post New]

I will try to buy a splitter with HDCP stripping, but I am not sure if it will work. However, I have tried using the tv only in the setup, it just plays the lagged version. Is there a way to adjust audio timing in case of lag like there is on windows media player? I really need this to work perfectly.

Edit: it doesn't give any error message, the movie reloads as soon as it starts, then becomes out of sync and laggy.

Hello,

As the other user explained to you, playing a commercial Blu-ray on two screens at the same time is not allowed because of copyright restrictions. The fact that you able to do so with a "lag" issue indicates you must be cracking the HDCP.

Since you are asking for additional help to break the copyright restrictions, which we discourage, the thread will be locked.

As a reference thread for other users, Blu-ray Discs can only be played on one screen at a time for copyright protection reasons. Blu-rays must be played on an extended display if there is more than one display connected:

https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdvd/21/pc-mode/enu/06_02_00-streaming-media-to-ex.html

Cheers,
PowerDVD Moderator