Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to backup PD with all effect packs ?
[Post New]
Hello

Recently, I have reformat my SSD and lost PD 365 with all effect packs installed, so I re-install them again through CAM which tackes alot of time.

How to backup my new installation of PowerDirector with all effect packs or effect packs only ?

Regards

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 15. 2021 11:04

[Post New]
More than 30 views, but nobody answered !
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The simplest answer is to make a full backup of your your SSD right now so all you'd have to do is to restore the backup image onto a replacement SSD.

Without a system backup, there is no way to "backup" any installed programs individually, so PD365 (and any other DirectorSuite apps) will always need to be installed from the CAM after you've reinstalled Windows.

As for the effect packs, you can make a backup copy of the installation folder to an external drive and then retore that rather than downloading and installing everything from the CAM. You can also specify the installation path and direct that anywhere you like.

In my case I've set it to be an easy to find location, but the default folder is buried deeper and you'll need to check this window on your system to see where it's at:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 18. 2021 15:18

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Yousefz -

optodata has responded, but perhaps this thread might help you a little.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!