Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 15 stopped bitstreaming HD audio for Blu-Ray discs after videocard upgrade
ManiacDC [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 24, 2016 07:19 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have PowerDVD 15 and I used to be able to Bitstream Dolby TrueHD/Atmos to my receiver when watching blu-ray discs on my GTX 1070. I upgraded to a RTX 3060, and now PowerDVD briefly shows a little error message when trying to bitstream HD Audio content on Blu Ray discs and no sound is made and my receiver doesn't show it's getting an audio signal.

I'm still able to:
Bitstream regular Dolby Digital audio on Blu Ray discs using PowerDVD
Bitstream TrueHD Audio from mkv or mp4 files using PowerDVD

Any ideas?
ManiacDC [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 24, 2016 07:19 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have PowerDVD 15 and I used to be able to Bitstream Dolby TrueHD/Atmos to my receiver when watching blu-ray discs on my GTX 1070. I upgraded to a RTX 3060, and now PowerDVD briefly shows a little error message when trying to bitstream HD Audio content on Blu Ray discs and no sound is made and my receiver doesn't show it's getting an audio signal.

I'm still able to:
Bitstream regular Dolby Digital audio on Blu Ray discs using PowerDVD
Bitstream TrueHD Audio from mkv or mp4 files using PowerDVD

Any ideas?

I figured this out. I had the setting to automatically switch the refresh rate enabled. Apparently the new 3000 series cards can't use exclusive mode when running at 24 hz. Disabling this setting allows audio to bitstream again.

To disable this setting:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cyberlink\PowerDVD<number>\AskDlg

ModifyMonitorFrequency change this from 1 to 0