Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PhotoDirector V13 Ultra Sky Replacement Tool
RobC99 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 04, 2019 14:00 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I am an avid supporter of Cyberlink product set. Although I prefer the stand-alone model rather than the subscription, being an elderly hobbyist rather than a professional. I like to pay for what I want rather than what I could have.

I have tried to use the Sky Replacement Tool with limited success.
Yes the vast majority of the sky gets replaced, but the finer detail is not achieved.
I also use Skylum Luminar 4, which has a much more effective sky replacement mechanism and achieves a much better effect. Basically, there is significantly less detailed processing needed.

It appears that the granularity of detail in this aspect of PhotoDirector requires a serious amount of attention.
Movement / resizing (general manipulation) of the "Sky" is also quite restricted and there is loss of detail in foreground objects, such as birds in flight.
This technology could probably be applied elsewhere within the product set.

If the Cyberlink development team read this then perhaps take a look at the Skylum site for examples.
I would much prefer to use the Cyberlink technologies, but this just shows that there is some work to be done.

I have attached image examples.
The sky replacements were effectively "out of the box" I.E. No manipulation has been applied.
[Thumb - wingfield_manor_PD.jpg]
 Filename
wingfield_manor_PD.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
PhotoDirector Sky Replacement
 Filesize
680 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
9 time(s)
[Thumb - wingfield_manor_Luminar.jpg]
 Filename