Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 21 activation key/menu items
rico001 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 03, 2017 12:06 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello;

Since I installed power DVD 21 Ultra, I have not been able to find how to activate my product during or after the 30-day trial.
Also after installed I was not able to find start menu items to manually activate the product.

I was not able to find anywhere during the trial to input the serial key.

Do you have any suggestions? Or a Reg file for me to edit and add the key?

I have looked over the website and have tried logging in as standard user and administrator to this windows pc.

Thank you for your time and help.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 24. 2021 02:50

Forum Moderator [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2018 01:01 Messages: 578 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

The answer is in the forum FAQ. The trial version cannot be activated:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/84928.page#post_box_351268

Cheers
PowerDVD Moderator Please direct any sales or technical issues to CyberLink's customer support team:

Sales or installation related issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Software technical issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/sup
rico001 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 03, 2017 12:06 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

Cheers
PowerDVD Moderator

ok found my download link email with the name of the correct executable program I had downloaded and was able to go from there. This worked instead of the free one on your site.

The exe was named something such as:
CyberLink_PowerDVD21_Ultra_DVD200715-02.exe

I was then asked for and able to input the key.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 23. 2021 16:55

dinub1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 22, 2021 01:11 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

Cheers
PowerDVD Moderator

Look, the above may be incorrect. I purchased a full PowerDVD21 Ultra, with registration key and also free 100 GB cloud space.
I unistalled all previous versions of the softaware. Downloaded the software from the link, and installed it.
Upon running the software for the 1st time, the activation box appeared, I entered the provided key, and the software reported, successfully activated.

- I still can't see it under my software and cannot any longer get the the activation menu. Why? PowerDVD21 icon when clicked, does
report the software with a SR and a TR. But no link to registration any longer.

- On the my purchases, I can see the order and they key. So the order shows. This is not free version, it is the Ultra version,
it still has a bug on the registration. You have to fix the activation bug, which no longer shows after activation and to be able
to see the newly activated software under my purchases. Thank you!
dinub1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote ok found my download link email with the name of the correct executable program I had downloaded and was able to go from there. This worked instead of the free one on your site. The exe was named something such as: CyberLink_PowerDVD21_Ultra_DVD200715-02.exe I was then asked for and able to input the key.
Yes, but after activating, you cannot any longer access the activation link, and the program (in my case CyberLink_PowerDVD21_Ultra_DVD210324-01.exe) only from the link in the email, but it does not show under "my software" though it shows under "my orders". I guess this is how it is programmed to work.
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]

Look, the above may be incorrect. I purchased a full PowerDVD21 Ultra, with registration key and also free 100 GB cloud space.
I unistalled all previous versions of the softaware. Downloaded the software from the link, and installed it.
Upon running the software for the 1st time, the activation box appeared, I entered the provided key, and the software reported, successfully activated.

- I still can't see it under my software and cannot any longer get the the activation menu. Why? PowerDVD21 icon when clicked, does

- On the my purchases, I can see the order and they key. So the order shows. This is not free version, it is the Ultra version,
it still has a bug on the registration. You have to fix the activation bug, which no longer shows after activation and to be able

Your paid version has been activated. But, there is no need to register the software additionally to use any of software features or ask for customer support.

The "activation" is not "registration", vice versa. Your concern is not the same as what the OP encountered.

As you can see your purchase order in your cyberlink account, I'm just wondering why you need and insist to register it further.
dinub1 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Your paid version has been activated. But, there is no need to register the software additionally to use any of software features or ask for customer support.

The "activation" is not "registration", vice versa. Your concern is not the same as what the OP encountered.

As you can see your purchase order in your cyberlink account, I'm just wondering why you need and insist to register it further.

It depends on the terminology. Activation with a provided key, registers the software and its version, at Cyberlink's server. Right? My concern is still why the new PowerDVD21 Ultra does not show under "My Product" while it should. The former PowerDVD18 and two other pieces of activated software also by Cyberlink, show under "My Product". Why not the current one?
I have no concerns regarding functionality. Software works fine.
Forum Moderator [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2018 01:01 Messages: 578 Offline
[Post New]

Hello,

As QC2.0 and you indicated in your last post, you are talking about something different from the original poster and the FAQ. You are talking about registration on the CL website, not the activation of the software. You should have started a new post for this.

We will now close this thread as a resource for users trying to activate their software in the future.

Cheers
PowerDVD Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 24. 2021 02:51

Please direct any sales or technical issues to CyberLink's customer support team:

Sales or installation related issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Software technical issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/sup