Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Subtitles
crjensen1 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Denmark Joined: May 18, 2011 12:41 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I'm using PowerDirector to add subtitles to movies.
This means thousands of lines of subtitles.
I would love to give the subtitles some background, like light grey.
I saw this video here, but that won't work for me. It would mean adding a color board to every single place there is a subtitle in a movie (with thousands of lines of subtitles): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q667sgy5L80
Have I overlooked something or is there no way in PowerDirector (365) to very simply add some background to all subtitles? Or is that a feature that should be suggested to CyberLink?

Thank you,
Carsten.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm using PowerDirector to add subtitles to movies.
This means thousands of lines of subtitles.
I would love to give the subtitles some background, like light grey.
I saw this video here, but that won't work for me. It would mean adding a color board to every single place there is a subtitle in a movie (with thousands of lines of subtitles): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q667sgy5L80
Have I overlooked something or is there no way in PowerDirector (365) to very simply add some background to all subtitles? Or is that a feature that should be suggested to CyberLink?

Thank you,
Carsten.

Did not see Jim apply a different color board to each subtitle in that YouTube tutorial that you linked as you claimed. He only used one stretched to the full duration of the video. You may want to add a comment to that tutorial that you saw him add a color board to each and every subtitle and maybe get a reply on that.