Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Question on MSVCR110.dll error fix with MS Visual C++ package solution
Ren715 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 31, 2019 05:37 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Everyone!

My recent Windows 10 update left me uable to open PowerDirector due to the MSVCR110.dll error.

I know that to fix it, I need to download the Visual C++ Redistributable Package but I don't know which one to download.

Was PowerDirector built with Visual Studio 2012?

There's also options for 2015, 2017, 2019.

I think it's the 2012 I want but thought I'd ask here.

Thanks so much!!!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That's an excellent question and the other people who'd had this issue didn't say anything about which version they chose.

Maybe the options don't appear for everyone, but it looks like you should choose v11.0.51106.1 for VS 2012 as that's what the version is in my C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\AppManager\System folder:

I should say that that's the version for PD365, but I also have PD17 installed and it has the same version number (but an earlier Modified Date). It's in the C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector17\OLRSubmission folder

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 22. 2021 20:52

Ren715 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 31, 2019 05:37 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you Optodata!!!!

It worked and my PowerDirector is up and running again.

For those who might need to know where on the MS website to download it without Microsoft wanting a subscription,
here's the link I used:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

Again, thanks so much...really appreciate your quick response!!!!
Davidk101
Senior Member Location: Brisbane Australia Joined: Jun 24, 2020 02:38 Messages: 172 Offline
[Post New]
As opto said, a really interesting question . .
I run PD18 on windows 10, and - as is the norm for win10 - you get the updates whether desired or not. The only at your discretion is when they install.
I having read this topic, and recently done the monthly update, I checked PD18: not a problem with it opening with the last project I made with it.
So, several thoughts . .

• maybe this is an issue with a different version of windows? I run the home edition . . . but there are professional and other editions

• If PD18 needed a specific visual C++ redistributable(s), why did it work before the windows update (must have had it then to open without error) and not after??? those re-distributables are "common" software - once installed, it's not normal for any software to remove them, since other apps may also use them. In the description provided, one is left with the conclusion that MS removed them as part of the update, and that would be very unusual.

Re-installing the re-distributable may have fixed this issue, but why did it happen in the 1st place?? anyone have ideas . .
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote That's an excellent question and the other people who'd had this issue didn't say anything about which version they chose.

Since the OP stated MSVCR110.dll error was the issue, the 110 there means the part of the application that tossed the error was created with Visual Studio 2012 (Version 11.0) and requires C++ runtime 2012. SR4 for instance requires much more than just the 2012 C++ redistributable so based on which dll name is throw up, tells what package is needed. CL hinted a few here but was not too clear with their statement "Select the website based on the version mentioned in the error dialog" : https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=24269

Basically this is the C++ versioning the CL note refers to:
MSVCR90.dll or MSVCP90.dll missing > C++ 2008 Redistributable
MSVCR100.dll or MSVCP100.dll missing > C++ 2010 Redistributable
MSVCR110.dll or MSVCP110.dll missing > C++ 2012 Redistributable
MSVCR120.dll or MSVCP120.dll missing > C++ 2013 Redistributable
MSVCR140.dll or MSVCP140.dll missing > C++ 2015 Redistributable
MSVCR150.dll or MSVCP150.dll missing > C++ 2017 Redistributable
MSVCR160.dll or MSVCP160.dll missing > C++ 2019 Redistributable

Jeff
Davidk101
Senior Member Location: Brisbane Australia Joined: Jun 24, 2020 02:38 Messages: 172 Offline
[Post New]
My point was . . .
that there was no issue with PD18 and missing re-distributables before the windows update.
After the update starting PD18 yielded the error message indicating missing redistributable(s).

A reasonable deduction says the update did it. MS gone loco?? or is there something else going on here???