Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
iphone live wallpaper
mxquattro [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 08, 2016 13:54 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
I wanted to make a live wallpaper for my iphone (iphone pro 12 max) but I cant seem to make a custom resolution for portrait mode (1284 x 277. I can select device/iphone but its not there. Also I can create a new profile but the resolution I need isnt there. Any other way to do it? If I use landscape then the live wall paper is cut off.
Thank you
bob
mxquattro [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 08, 2016 13:54 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I wanted to make a live wallpaper for my iphone (iphone pro 12 max) but I cant seem to make a custom resolution for portrait mode (1284 x 277. I can select device/iphone but its not there. Also I can create a new profile but the resolution I need isnt there. Any other way to do it? If I use landscape then the live wall paper is cut off.
Thank you
bob

That resolution should read 1284 x 2778 hahaha
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
I don't believe PowerDirector is capable of creating a project at such non-standard resolution and aspect ratio or of outputting a file at that aspect ratio or resolution.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
What happens when you watch a standard 16:9 UHD (3840x2160) or HD (1920x1080) video? Doesn't it automatically scale the clip for you to fill the screen?

If not, you can create a custom profile in PD's Profile.ini file with any resolution you want, but the main problem is that you're looking for a nonstandard aspect ratio.

PD19/365 only supports 1:1, 16:9, 9:16 and 4:3 ARs, but the phone screen's AR is about 11:5 so you'd have to use one of the workflows mentioned in any of the hundreds of related posts to create a custom profile using Notepad and then use a free third party utility to trim off the unwanted black edges.

Here's a good discussion to start with.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
There is no need for me to create a custom resolution video. The Live photo that I use for the Live Wallpaper is 4:3 rotate flag 90 taken with the iPhone. It displays on the screen properly as all my other Live photos and videos taken with the iPhones.

There are apps at the store for creating live wallpapers but not at any custom aspect ratio that I am aware of. Here is one way of doing it: https://ioshacker.com/how-to/apply-animated-live-wallpapers-on-iphone . This question is better asked in the apple community.