Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 16
carp48 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 01, 2018 09:15 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I made a family video in PD16 3 years ago. I never produced it. I am trying to produce it now and none of the transitions or content works . I keep getting a message with error code 3. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you, Mike.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I made a family video in PD16 3 years ago. I never produced it. I am trying to produce it now and none of the transitions or content works . I keep getting a message with error code 3. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you, Mike.

Please read this sticky: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77190.page and supply a screenshot of the full edit screen with the error message. You can attach the screenshot on your next reply. This will allow users to view the entire error message and what may be the problem. Better yet if the screen recorder is working then record the problem and explain what works and post it.
carp48 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Please read this sticky: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77190.page and supply a screenshot of the full edit screen with the error message. You can attach the screenshot on your next reply. This will allow users to view the entire error message and what may be the problem. Better yet if the screen recorder is working then record the problem and explain what works and post it.

Thank you for the reply. I will do what you have suggested, but it will have to be tomorrow. Thank you again, Mike
carp48 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Here is what comes up as I playback my video.
It comes up where the green background ends and text begins.
Thanks, Mike.
[Thumb - IMG_2620.jpg]
 Filename
IMG_2620.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
680 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
 Filename
Capture_20210808131410.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
19722 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
52 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 08. 2021 14:31

tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for the detailed screen recording. Try this: Go to the Preferences/Hardware acceleration and make sure that the two checkboxes are unchecked and click OK. Did this timeline preview properly three years ago and only now the problem shows up?? Updating the video card driver can help.

It looks like that this media source error happens between the clover 04 image and the scrolling title. If this continues after performing the above step then remove that image. If that still happens then remove the title. If the timeline otherwise previews properly then it means that you need to redo the last step of remaking either the image or the title.
carp48 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thank you for the detailed screen recording. Try this: Go to the Preferences/Hardware acceleration and make sure that the two checkboxes are unchecked and click OK. Did this timeline preview properly three years ago and only now the problem shows up?? Updating the video card driver can help.

It looks like that this media source error happens between the clover 04 image and the scrolling title. If this continues after performing the above step then remove that image. If that still happens then remove the title. If the timeline otherwise previews properly then it means that you need to redo the last step of remaking either the image or the title.

Hardware acceleration alredy off. Yes it was perfect then. I am on a new computer now and these files were brought to it on an external hard drive. I will check the video driver and see if they are updated on this computer. I will try removing files one by one and see what happens. Talk later, thanks, MIke.
carp48 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thank you for the detailed screen recording. Try this: Go to the Preferences/Hardware acceleration and make sure that the two checkboxes are unchecked and click OK. Did this timeline preview properly three years ago and only now the problem shows up?? Updating the video card driver can help.

It is the titles that are causing the problems. I checked all of them throughout the video with the same results and errors I told you about. I am an person in my early 80's and for some reason I can't figure out how to remake the titles. The program when I made this video seemed easy to use. I hate to ask it but can you point me to a link I can understand or a step by step how to? Sorry, Mike.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
If the project is still in your old computer then why not go ahead and produce it as is. You can then bring the produced file into your new computer for further editing.

You can recreate the title in the video by using the “Default” title. Open Title Designer. Type in all your text or Copy and Paste from a text editor like Windows Notepad that you had prepared earlier. You may have the script in your old pc so you don’t have to retype.

Try this first: Open the title in Title Designer. Preview it in Title Designer. Make any changes and click OK to exit. You may find that the title is working in your new pc after this. It is possible that you used a font that is in your old pc that does not exist in your new pc. The fix may be to select a different new font in Title Designer.

There are many Title Designer tutorials on the internet that can help. Here is one relevant to scrolling up text: https://youtu.be/s7uReNCGNzk . It may be more than what you need.
carp48 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote If the project is still in your old computer then why not go ahead and produce it as is. You can then bring the produced file into your new computer for further editing.

You can recreate the title in the video by using the “Default” title. Open Title Designer. Type in all your text or Copy and Paste from a text editor like Windows Notepad that you had prepared earlier. You may have the script in your old pc so you don’t have to retype.

Try this first: Open the title in Title Designer. Preview it in Title Designer. Make any changes and click OK to exit. You may find that the title is working in your new pc after this. It is possible that you used a font that is in your old pc that does not exist in your new pc. The fix may be to select a different new font in Title Designer.

There are many Title Designer tutorials on the internet that can help. Here is one relevant to scrolling up text: https://youtu.be/s7uReNCGNzk . It may be more than what you need.

My old computer took a total dive on me and couldn't recover anything. The project was from an Acronis backup that I saved on an external drive. I appreciate your replies and will try them today. I may not get back to you until tomorrow, thank you, Mike.
carp48 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote If the project is still in your old computer then why not go ahead and produce it as is. You can then bring the produced file into your new computer for further editing.

Thank you so much, I have it back together, Mike.