Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Garbled Sound on Editing Line Not Present in Preview Window
CoachEd@2021 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 27, 2011 12:59 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I watch and listen to my individual movie clips in VLC with no problem. I movie video file clips to Cyberlink Power Director 19 and can preview them in 19 with clear video and pristine sound. When I move the clips to the editing time line the audio becomes highly distorted. I am unable to publish without garbled unusable sound.

I am running Cyberlink Power Director 19 365 on Windows 10 OS. The program did not originally do this so something has changed and I do not know what.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Sounds like your clips might have an incompatible audio track. The PD specs page shows the supported formats.

The best way to check is to either drag a clip onto the MediaInfo online web page or use the Attachments button below the forum's text box to share the clip here.

Note that if the file size is >100MB, you'll need to upload it to Google Drive or OneDrive and then paste a publicly shareable link here. See this FAQ for more details.
CoachEd@2021 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for the input. I have attached the two files below so hopefully there is a clue in there as to what is going on...

I have used this same camcorder before with this same software program on multiple previous experiences without this problem so I am very puzzled.
 Filename
DxDiagCyberlink365.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
82 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
85 time(s)
 Filename
A008C307_21071855_CANON.MXF_MediaInfo.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
6 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
80 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks very much for all the details. The clip in question is in the newly-PD-supported MXF format with 4 audio channels. Take a look at PD's timeline audio mode from the Preferences | General tab. Does the playback improve if you change to Stereo or to 5.1 Surround?

The DxDiag results show that a critical PD process (called PDHanumanSvr.exe) has crashed several times recently. It's at the latest version so there isn't a newer version to update PD to. The nVidia video driver for your GTX 950 is almost a year out of date, however, and you may want to install the most recent version (471.41) from July 12.

You may also want to report this issue directly to Cyberlink, especially if the problem persists with the latest nVidia driver. You can submit a support request from here, and you should include the URL of this discussion so they can see everything that's happened here so far.
CoachEd@2021 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks optodata! but no luck. I changed from stereo to 5.1 and the sound reproduction was even worse than in stereo mode which remains garbled and unusable even after installing the new NVIDIA driver.

I have reported the issue to Cyberlink with the text file showing them that a program exe. file keeps crashing.

I appreciate your time and assistance.

If there is anything else you can think of, please let me know.

Thanks!
optodata
[Post New]
Will do.

In the meantime be sure to check the My Support page to see if there's a response to your request. Once there, click on the My Support Ticket button to see the details.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
CoachEd@2021, you might be able to take advantage of Nathan's effort https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/83622.page#post_box_345400 or here https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40/83388.page#post_box_345562 to get you functional with those mono audio tracks.

Jeff
CoachEd@2021 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you JL_JL. I will take a look.

The thing is before I updated to the most current version of PD19, I did not have this problem. The Program accepted the audio directly from my Canon XF 400 mxf video and audio files from the preview window, to the editing window, to the rendered/published finished project. Great video and good audio.

I updated the Cyberlink software as requested and now I have trouble There may be an intervening variable however I have yet to find a solution.

The Support people have asked me to untick the shadow file so I will try that tonight.

The free trial of the Audio Director and Color Director have expired so I don't know if that makes a difference.