Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Files in Mediabox folder
Darlisa [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 20, 2020 00:36 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
I'm running out of room on my C drive and while trying to figure out what is taking up all the space, I found that the CyberLink\Mediabox folder in AppData/Local is over 110GB. That is almost half of my drive space.

So, my question is, what are these files and what do I uninstall to get rid of them?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I have no idea what's in those folders on your system. Mine totals 548kB (a quarter million times smaller) and the busiest subfolder is mblogger with 41 .log entries.

Use File Explorer to see what's in there and if you have thousanbds of big log files you should simply be able to delete them. Maybe only keep the most recent few
Darlisa [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I have no idea what's in those folders on your system. Mine totals 548kB (a quarter million times smaller) and the busiest subfolder is mblogger with 41 .log entries.

Use File Explorer to see what's in there and if you have thousanbds of big log files you should simply be able to delete them. Maybe only keep the most recent few

I have 114 log files in that folder totalling 105 GB going all the way back to July 2020 when I first started using PowerDirector.

I'm going to move most of them off to an external drive first to see if it affects anything and if not, will delete them permanently.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 31. 2021 01:15

Darlisa [Avatar]
[Post New]
I opened one of them in a text editor and it looks like they are logged error and warning messages.

Examples:

[01:16:06.225884][WARN][mediabox][gstlog][gst_dxgiduplicatorsrc_prepare_output_buffer:437] Invalid crop region w:-2147483648, h:-2147483648
[01:16:06.241832][ERROR][mediabox][mbplugin][gst_dxgiduplicatorsrc_calculate_crop_region():397] GetClientRect(src->window, &rc_window_client_rect) is failed and return.