Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Create Folders and Move Photos Between Folders within PhotoDirector
Unhitch [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 05, 2021 19:13 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I am using the trial version of PhotoDirector and still testing its features during this trial period. I'm wondering if it's possible to create new folders and/or move photos between folders (preferably using drag and drop) within the PhotoDirector interface and have those changes reflected on my hard drive where the pictures are stored. In other words, the ability to manage the folder and file structure either through the interface or Finder on my Mac. I've seen this feature available in some other applications like Lightroom and Luminar 4, but also saw a thread from 2011 in this forum suggesting the featue may not be availabe in PhotoDirector. Since I would purchase the latest version of PhD (ver 12), I'm wondering if this has been added or addressed. Thank you.
[Post New]
Hello Unhitch,

PhotoDirector doesn't physically import photos. What it does is record the file path for photos & folders, so it can access them whilst they are stored in the same location.

PhD cannot be used to re-organise your folder/storage stucture in the Finder (hard drives).

The folder section of PhD's library simply reflects the folders you've imported.

PIX PIX YouTube channel