Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Photos Missing When External Drive is Not Connected
Unhitch [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 05, 2021 19:13 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I am using the trial version of PhotoDirector to take it for a spin before purchasing. I store all of my photos on an external drive and imported a few folders into PhotoDirector from the external drive. All was fine until I disconnected the external drive. At that point, I received a message that the photos were missing and I couldn't view the photos without this message appearing on the top of each picture. Since I plan to continue storing all of my photos on an external drive, but would like to be able to view the photos from the catalogue on my computer without the drive being connected to my computer, this is a concern for me. Is there any way to view photos that are imported from and stored on an external drive normally when the drive is not connected to the computer?
[Post New]
Hello Unhitch,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing

Unfortunately, PhD isn't going to work that way.

If your photos are only stored on an external drive that's not permanently connected, you'll need to go to the Advanced tab on the Import screen & select "Make Extra Copy".

That will allow PhD to access the photos while your external drive is disconnected.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Unhitch [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 05, 2021 19:13 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello Unhitch,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing

Unfortunately, PhD isn't going to work that way.

If your photos are only stored on an external drive that's not permanently connected, you'll need to go to the Advanced tab on the Import screen & select "Make Extra Copy".

That will allow PhD to access the photos while your external drive is disconnected.

PIX

Dear PIX,

Sorry to hear that as it makes PhotoDirector a bit less user-friendly from my standpoint as I'm sure it is fairly common to store photos and videos on a separate drive to save space on the computer. That said, I do appreciate the speedy response!

Unhitch