CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Media Player 14
Reply to this topic
inaheap [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jun 28, 2021 22:18 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I just bought this DVD drive. Can someone please tell me how I play store-bought DVDs with it. I thought Power Media Player 14 was what I was supposed to use, but if not could someone please tell me what is? Just trying to find a good inexpensive dvd player for Windows 10. Thought this was it but every time I click on my DVD drive it brings up a bunch of folders I can't get to do anything. Should I not be seeing my DVD title screen? So confused. Please help. If this should be posted somewhere else please do tell me where. Thank you.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 653 Offline
[Post New]
Power Media Player is only used for media file playback, not for disc playback. You will need PowerDVD to play back DVDs on a computer.

Which program did you buy and from where? Cyberink Media Suite 14 from somewhere? Share a link where you bought it and we can try and check which program in it will help you.

Dave
inaheap [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jun 28, 2021 22:18 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Power Media Player is only used for media file playback, not for disc playback. You will need PowerDVD to play back DVDs on a computer.

Which program did you buy and from where? Cyberink Media Suite 14 from somewhere? Share a link where you bought it and we can try and check which program in it will help you.

Dave

Thank you. I picked it up in a store. Finally figured out the disc comes with a link to download Power DVD. Silly me thinking the software disc actually had all the software on it. Guess I'm getting old school.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 29. 2021 10:04

Reply to this topic