CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Media Player 14
Reply to this topic
inaheap [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jun 28, 2021 22:18 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I just bought this DVD drive. Can someone please tell me how I play store-bought DVDs with it. I thought Power Media Player 14 was what I was supposed to use, but if not could someone please tell me what is? Just trying to find a good inexpensive dvd player for Windows 10. Thought this was it but every time I click on my DVD drive it brings up a bunch of folders I can't get to do anything. Should I not be seeing my DVD title screen? So confused. Please help. If this should be posted somewhere else please do tell me where. Thank you.
Jets2011 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 645 Offline
[Post New]
Power Media Player is only used for media file playback, not for disc playback. You will need PowerDVD to play back DVDs on a computer.

Which program did you buy and from where? Cyberink Media Suite 14 from somewhere? Share a link where you bought it and we can try and check which program in it will help you.

Dave
inaheap [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jun 28, 2021 22:18 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Power Media Player is only used for media file playback, not for disc playback. You will need PowerDVD to play back DVDs on a computer.

Which program did you buy and from where? Cyberink Media Suite 14 from somewhere? Share a link where you bought it and we can try and check which program in it will help you.

Dave

Thank you. I picked it up in a store. Finally figured out the disc comes with a link to download Power DVD. Silly me thinking the software disc actually had all the software on it. Guess I'm getting old school.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 29. 2021 10:04

Reply to this topic