Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Burn DVD Copy...
jacqueline myers [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 10, 2021 12:47 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have been trying to burn a copy of a DVD with Power2Go. I was using 11 and upgraded to 13. I couldn't get either one to work, it keeps spitting out my dvd and telling me to insert a blank writeable disc which I have done. Anyone know what type of disc I should be using for this program? I have tried + and -.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Just tested the copy disc function on a homemade dvd. It copied successfully. Power2Go 11/Copy Disc/Copy Disc displays a window where you can see the settings for the optical drive to read the source disc and a max write speed and checkbox for verification. I used DVD+RW.

Tried it on a commercial DVD and got this informational message ! The source disc is protected. This disc cannot be copied.

It is best to start a Cyberlink support ticket for the problem you have as it is not duplicated here.
[Post New]
Quote Just tested the copy disc function on a homemade dvd. It copied successfully. Power2Go 11/Copy Disc/Copy Disc displays a window where you can see the settings for the optical drive to read the source disc and a max write speed and checkbox for verification. I used DVD+RW.

Tried it on a commercial DVD and got this informational message ! The source disc is protected. This disc cannot be copied.

It is best to start a Cyberlink support ticket for the problem you have as it is not duplicated here.

I copied the disc I wanted to burn just fine to my hard drive with no problems. It's just when I try to burn a copy that it keeps telling me to insert a blank writeable disc when I have done so and popping the drawer back open again. I am trying to find out what kind of disc I should be using.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You need to find out the optical drive manufacturer and model number in the pc to determine if it is a dvd rom or a rewritable drive. Open windows file explorer. Go to My PC and click on the optical drive. View the Properties/Hardware and get the drive model number. Look up the info on the internet or in your pc manual to find the information on the drive and the type of disc it supports. An alternative would be just to contact the pc manufacturer.
[Post New]
Quote You need to find out the optical drive manufacturer and model number in the pc to determine if it is a dvd rom or a rewritable drive. Open windows file explorer. Go to My PC and click on the optical drive. View the Properties/Hardware and get the drive model number. Look up the info on the internet or in your pc manual to find the information on the drive and the type of disc it supports. An alternative would be just to contact the pc manufacturer.

Thank you for your help. This is so frustrating for me! The drive is: PLDS DVD +- RW DU -8A5LH I called Dell, which is what kind of computer I have, and they wanted 99.00 to tell me what kind of DVD to use so I told them to forget it...lol the guy was rude and made me mad. My warranty ran out in April so he wanted me to pay that service fee first. I think I will just take it somewhere and have a copy burned. It is a DVD of slide show I made for my mother's funeral that a family member wants and they won't be in town long so I'll just do that. I do appreicate your help. Thanks again, Jackie