Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD14, audio clipping or distortion when producing mp4
AELenaghan1234 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 10, 2020 18:01 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Dear forum,

I have been using PD14 and I believe it is updated.

I am aware that there is a problem when producing projects that the resulting movie has lots of distortion and clipping of the audio although the audio tracks don't clip inside the editing window etc. And the tracks are clean before inporting too.

I am experiencing this problem and cannot fix it.

I am aware that there was a hot fix provided by CyberLink where you can download a different CLAudEnc.ax file and place it into the Cyberlink program folder.

However, I am not able to download either of the provided hotfix files (32 OS or 64 OS).

Please help. I am in the music industry and good sound is the whole point of most of my videos.

-Alice
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Do you have a requirement to use mp4? If not, try mkv or m2ts file format and change the audio format to LPCM ("+" beside profile and Audio tab).

Jeff
AELenaghan1234 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Do you have a requirement to use mp4? If not, try mkv or m2ts file format and change the audio format to LPCM ("+" beside profile and Audio tab).

Jeff

Yes, I tried the mkv and the result was no sound at all.

I need to do MP4 for upload to YouTube I think.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I need to do MP4 for upload to YouTube I think.

YouTube accepts M2TS clips and it even converts them to all the streaming formats quicker than MP4.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 24. 2021 18:21

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Yes, I tried the mkv and the result was no sound at all.

I need to do MP4 for upload to YouTube I think.

I'm not aware of any hotfix for the PD14 issue, PD15 had audio hotfix for similar issues. Did the mkv not have audio locally or after upload? If local, it could be a player issue. LPCM is one of the most basic forms of audio and usually very compatible with about everything. The mkv container can cause some players issues though.

The m2ts file will upload properly to YouTube as well if the sound is better there.

Jeff
AELenaghan1234 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote If not, try mkv or m2ts file format and change the audio format to LPCM ("+" beside profile and Audio tab).

Yes! The m2ts with the audio format changed to LPCM did the trick. Thank you so much all. Now, to re-produce some movies....

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 25. 2021 13:59