Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Jittery rendered videos in PD14
Robbie J. [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 03, 2019 19:14 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
This is a problem that has plagued me since I have owned PD14.

Rendered videos get jittery for a period of about 15-seconds, usually just after the first five minutes of the finished product.

I close all other programs before rendering, and I don't start editing until I get the green signal (not yellow) to show that the Shadow File is succesfully created.

The orginal video files (from my Canon DSLR) do not have the jittery/jumpy effect.

The finished result looks like there are frames 'missing', so the result looks jerky, not smooth.

I have noticed that others have also posted the same problem, but I still don't know what the fix is, and Cyberlink are not very helpful or responsive, which is a shame for such a large software manufacturer.

Here is another post where a PD user experienced the same problem:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/64435.page

Can anyone reveal what I need to do to fix this problem? It is frustrating when manufacturers only ever suggest purchasing another upgrade to see if that solves the issue.

I have16gb of RAM, a 512gb SSD, PD14 and a mid-2012 MAcBook Pro 13"

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 20. 2021 22:25

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There are several reasons you might see problems like this, and typically the reasons are a mismatch between the source frame rate and the project and/or produced frame rates. Sometimes hardware encoding/decoding is the cause, and sometimes it's the bitrate or other settings in the produce profile. It's not typically PD itself, but you should make sure you've updated PD14 to the final version, which is 4207.

The best way for forum members to help would be to provide a sample clip that shows the issue. You can upload it to YouTube and paste a link here, but YT will re-encode the clips which may change how the issue looks. You can instead upload the produced clip to OneDrive or Google Drive and paste a publicly shareable link to it here. See this FAQ for more details.

We'd also need to know the details of your source clip and what output profile you produced to. You can drag the source clip into the box on the MediaInfo page and then copy and attach the text results in your reply. Also please tell us exactly which output profile your produced to and whether you used the Fast video rendering technology option or not.

Finally tell us what the project's Timeline frame rate is set to (under Preferences | General). Basically all 3 frame rates should be identical. If they're not, try doing that and producing again.
Robbie J. [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 03, 2019 19:14 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Optodata, I'll investigate the options you suggested (although I'm not at all tech-savvy) and respond to you.

I will also upload a sample file to YouTube and then provide you all with the link. (Believe you me, the jitter shows on my YouTube uploads as well.)

I am now absolutely determined to solve this issue. I've had enough of the frustration.

Let's hope there's a simple solution! Talk soon... and thanks for the advice so far!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 21. 2021 08:00