Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Docking Undocking are reversed
BB Jones Jim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 15, 2013 15:22 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I still have PD 12 on my laptop and have a weird reverse docking problem. When the preview window is up the docking arror points up as if it's not the preview window and when I click it it seems to remove the preview and go into normal edit mode but now the arrow points down as if I'm in a preview window. I can still do stuff except I can't resize the window as it has no handles when clicked upon. I can send a picture but literally the arrows point the wrong way and I can't grab/select the window as if it is an actual preview. Also cannot grab the "preview" window which is normal.

I'm guessing reinstalling would fix it but hoping for a less drastic solution. Thanks in advance.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I still have PD 12 on my laptop and have a weird reverse docking problem. When the preview window is up the docking arror points up as if it's not the preview window and when I click it it seems to remove the preview and go into normal edit mode but now the arrow points down as if I'm in a preview window. I can still do stuff except I can't resize the window as it has no handles when clicked upon. I can send a picture but literally the arrows point the wrong way and I can't grab/select the window as if it is an actual preview. Also cannot grab the "preview" window which is normal.

I'm guessing reinstalling would fix it but hoping for a less drastic solution. Thanks in advance.

From your description, I think it sounds right.

The basic mode is the preview screen is in the upper right corner. You can resize the screen space allocated to the preview window by moving the mouse between the preview window and the library. A double arrow will appear to move horizontally to give the preview window more screen space and the library less. Likewise a vertical adjustment of space just below the preview window and above the timeline. The same double arrow will appear. You are defining how much real estate the preview window occupies but it is docked to the default upper right location.

If the "Undock the preview window", screen with down arrow is selected below the preview widow. The preview window no longer occupies the upper right default corner of the screen and you can move it around, undocked. You resize it by basic corner control.

When you hit the "Dock preview window" screen with up arrow in the upper right corner of undocked preview window, it will redock to the default upper right corner of the PD12 edit interface.

Jeff
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
EDIT: Jeff answered while I was writing. If his suggestions don't help then see if mine do.

Even though you've described the problem in some detail, I still can't picture what this looks like so i can't offer any suggestions.

Use Alt+Print Screen or the Windows snipping tool (Win+Shift+S) then save the image as PNG or JPG. Click on the Attachments button below the forum's text box to upload and share it here.

Even better might be to make a screen recording showing what happens when you dock/undock the window. If the recording is smaller than 100MB you can attach it, otherwise put it on YouTube or Google Drive and paste a link here.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 15. 2021 20:43