Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Enable Fade-In, Fade-Out not working with audio like before.
Rikko [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 09, 2017 21:00 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
The Enable Fade-In, Fade-Out under Edit Video does not work with the audio portion of the video like it did before, it seems ever since there was an update, it took away that option, the only way I can Fade-In, Fade-Out the audio is manually, what's the problem here?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
A screenshot or screen recording showing where you're having trouble would be very helpful. Use ScreenRecorder to capture your editing steps, or use Alt Print Screen or the Windows snipping tool (Win+Shift+S) to take a screenshot then save the image as PNG or JPG. Click on the Attachments button below the forum's text box to upload and share your image/video here.
Rikko [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here are 2 screenshots, first (bottom) is what I click on to "Enable Fade In, Fade Out", second screenshot (top) is the results, with the video being faded in and out, but not the audio, which the software used to do both simultaneously.
[Thumb - Screenshot 2.jpg]
 Filename
Screenshot 2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
100 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)
[Thumb - Screenshot 1.jpg]
 Filename
Screenshot 1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
158 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 08. 2021 11:11

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the screenshots. I never even knew that option was there but I just checked PD365 and PD17 and both show the same result - only fading in/out the video. This is from PD17:

Since PD17 and 19/365 only fade the video I'm wondering why PD18 would have done anything different. The typical way to do audio fading would be to use the Constant Power or Constant Gain audio-only transitions or set volume keyframes, but those require more steps that this option.
Rikko [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for the screenshots. I never even knew that option was there but I just checked PD365 and PD17 and both show the same result - only fading in/out the video. This is from PD17:

Since PD17 and 19/365 only fade the video I'm wondering why PD18 would have done anything different. The typical way to do audio fading would be to use the Constant Power or Constant Gain audio-only transitions or set volume keyframes, but those require more steps that this option.

This is from PD18. When I upgraded to 18 (Full ver., not really an upgrade), the "Fade In-Out" option worked with both the video and audio, I'm thinking that somewhere in the software upgrades, they dropped the option to only video. That's the problem.
I can manually fade in and out audio, but it was just so much more convenient at the same time.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

This is from PD18. When I upgraded to 18 (Full ver., not really an upgrade), the "Fade In-Out" option worked with both the video and audio, I'm thinking that somewhere in the software upgrades, they dropped the option to only video. That's the problem.
I can manually fade in and out audio, but it was just so much more convenient at the same time.

Hello,

I just tested this in PowerDirector 18 with the September 2019 (first release) build 2028 and with the latest build (2725 patch applied), and the behaviour is the same. i.e. fade in/out option was not changed by the patch updates.

I applied the fade using the same method (right clicking and selecting "Edit Video"). I also tried by applying the fade in the PiP Designer, and got the same result.

Please see attached screenshots.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
[Thumb - 2725.jpg]
 Filename
2725.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
618 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
[Thumb - 2028.jpg]
 Filename
2028.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
681 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
Rikko [Avatar]
[Post New]
So, does anyone have an answer as to why this problem exsists? Is it PD software updates or what? It seems that several have looked into it and found the same thing I have, but there's no reason as to why. FYI: I have uninstalled and reinstalled this software and all patches with no change, same problem.

Hello,

I just tested this in PowerDirector 18 with the September 2019 (first release) build 2028 and with the latest build (2725 patch applied), and the behaviour is the same. i.e. fade in/out option was not changed by the patch updates.

I applied the fade using the same method (right clicking and selecting "Edit Video"). I also tried by applying the fade in the PiP Designer, and got the same result.

Please see attached screenshots.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote So, does anyone have an answer as to why this problem exsists? Is it PD software updates or what? It seems that several have looked into it and found the same thing I have, but there's no reason as to why. FYI: I have uninstalled and reinstalled this software and all patches with no change, same problem.

Hi,
I'm not sure what is going on for you.

As far as I can tell, the menu item Rt Click>Edit Video>Enable Fade-in and Fade-out was first implemented in PDR15, and it has only ever applied a fade in/out to the video component.

I've tested on PDR12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19/365.

Transitions placed between clips will have both a video and an audio fade, and a further audio fade choice can be made between Constant Volume and Constant Gain, as has been mentioned.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator