Downloading express projects but no background music when I use it
Reply to this topic
Birdsalad [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Dec 22, 2020 09:50 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Power Director 365/Windows 10/64 bit

I've downloaded an express project from
https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/123169501
but when I try to use it, there is no background music attached. Isn't the background music included? The tutorial videos seem to show music included.

I've downloaded it twice - once from this page, once from the page that displays all of the projects, clicking on the little download button on the thumbnail.

Help?
[Post New]
Hello Birdsalad,

Welcome to the DirectorZone forum laughing

What you've observed is correct. When you download an Express Project template, install it & place it in the timeline, there is no video, image or audio content. It is simply a template, so you can add your own content.

It's possibly confusing because there's audio etc in the preview video played on DZ & in the media library.

You may have noticed this alert as you placed it in the timeline:

PIX PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
Birdsalad [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Dec 22, 2020 09:50 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
And none of the instructional videos show us that we need to add our own music. As a matter of fact, at least one instructional video makes it look as though the template DOES include audio. When it's pulled down to the tracks, there is an audio track once it resolves to the individual elements.

Well, I'm disappointed, because I picked a project that had the mood of music I wanted, and the visual elements matched the music changes.

Back to work....

Thanks for your response!

Quote Hello Birdsalad,

Welcome to the DirectorZone forum laughing

What you've observed is correct. When you download an Express Project template, install it & place it in the timeline, there is no video, image or audio content. It is simply a template, so you can add your own content.

It's possibly confusing because there's audio etc in the preview video played on DZ & in the media library.

PIX
[Post New]
Hello again,

Yes. I can understand your disappointment, but all is not lost.

When you install the express template, it is stored in C:\Users\Public\Cyberlink\Downloaded EP\ExpressProject001. In that folder, you'll find the preview video (.wmv).

It's quite a simple task to extract the audio from that .wmv & use it as you wish. That particular audio can be looped, after removing the last tiny section:

You'll find it attached (4x).

It would be helpful, by the way, if you could post a link to the tutorial that deceived you.

PIX
 Filename
AudioLoop.wav
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
12488 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
15 time(s)
PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
Reply to this topic