Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Create Image Mask Is it normal for it to be all Gray in PD 18
detroit123 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Dec 20, 2011 14:58 Messages: 194 Offline
[Post New]
I had a photo with Red Curtains and white in the middle

when I put it in PD 18 and created image mask the Red turned into Gray

Is this normal for creating image masks or is there a way for me to keep the original color of the photo ?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Maybe a screenshot or a screen recording would help us to see what's happening
detroit123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here is a pic with the orig Image I want to use as mask on the left; it is red curtains with white and on the right what it looks like when I use that image as mask in PD 18, It changes it to black and white; all the Red is gone
[Thumb - Untitled - Copy.jpg]
 Filename
Untitled - Copy.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2721 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
If I'm understanding you correctly, you're trying to use the color image as a mask, but that's not possible because a mask is a black-only area where the original content is blocked or let through, depending on the invert setting.

What you need to do is place your full color image on the track below the content you want to show "behind" the curtains, then chroma-key out the center screen section (if it isn't already transparent).
detroit123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes I did that and it worked. I changed the image to green screen in the middle of it and then I can put my video in that part