Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hardware Acceleration after Recent Update
Werdna [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 15, 2019 16:18 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Upgraded to the latest PD19 version this morning and cannot Enable Hardware Acceleration when producing now. Have checked and reset all the settings in preferences but can't get it to work against any default or own created profiles.

Anyone else have similar or anyone got any suggestions?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
See if this post helps. If you see a profile there that matches the pixel size and encoding you want to use and its value is set to "1" double click on it and enter "0" instead.
Werdna [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks. I was aware of that fix from a previous time I had an issue (it worked on that occasion). This time though, I have only one entry in that folder whereas last time I could see all the default and custom profiles.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 31. 2021 13:09

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That just means you haven't tried producing with any of these profiles since the update. Maybe seeing your DxDiag results will help.
Werdna [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote That just means you haven't tried producing with any of these profiles since the update. Maybe seeing your DxDiag results will help.

Maybe that's the answer then - create something with my custom profile and it will be become available.
Werdna [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ran a job (too ages) but still nothing showing in the registry. Ran DXDiag, no issues being highlighted. Bit stuck now. Does anyone know how I roll back the to the previuous version?
optodata
[Post New]
Quote Does anyone know how I roll back the to the previuous version?

That's not possible. The only way to go back to the previous version is to restore a system image you made before updating PD365.

The DxDiag won't tell you what's wrong. The linked post has the steps to attach it here so experienced users can look at it and see if anything stands out.
Werdna [Avatar]
[Post New]
DXDiag attached. Nothing showing up in the registry.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
71 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
142 time(s)
optodata
[Post New]
Thanks for uploading the DxDiag results. Overall things look good there, but there are two things I can suggest.

You have the latest nVidia driver installed for your GTX 1050, but it's possible that something went wrong when it was installed that's interfering with PD's ability to access the video encoder. Try downloading the Studio Driver here then follow the instructions in this post to force a clean installation.

After rebooting, see if the hardware video encoder option is available. If it is and you need to install any other nVidia utilities (especially if you're a gamer), you can run the installer again and add those components. No need for a clean install this time.

The end of the DxDiag results show the 10 most recent crashes, and there are several for a Windows component called ScanForUpdates. These issues probably aren't related to the problem with PD, but you may want to run the two commands as described here to see if there might be some damage to Windows' core files.

If the problem with PD accessing the hardware encoder is still present, I suggest you open a support request directly with Cyberlink. You can do that from their main support page.
Werdna [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for uploading the DxDiag results. Overall things look good there, but there are two things I can suggest.

You have the latest nVidia driver installed for your GTX 1050, but it's possible that something went wrong when it was installed that's interfering with PD's ability to access the video encoder. Try downloading the Studio Driver here then follow the instructions in this post to force a clean installation.

After rebooting, see if the hardware video encoder option is available. If it is and you need to install any other nVidia utilities (especially if you're a gamer), you can run the installer again and add those components. No need for a clean install this time.

The end of the DxDiag results show the 10 most recent crashes, and there are several for a Windows component called ScanForUpdates. These issues probably aren't related to the problem with PD, but you may want to run the two commands as described here to see if there might be some damage to Windows' core files.

If the problem with PD accessing the hardware encoder is still present, I suggest you open a support request directly with Cyberlink. You can do that from their main support page.

Thanks very much for the advice - I shall follow the steps later. I did think it could be related to the recent driver update so rolled it back yesterday but nothing changed so re-installed the driver. It does seem to me though too much of a co-inidence that I updated both PD and the driver in the last few days and then have had this problem. What I wanted to do was rollback both, test and then re-apply updates but as you have pointed out, thre isn't a rollback option for PD.

On your scond point, that's very helpful,. I have suspected that I have had some kind of issue with Windows recently but my lack of knowledge couldn't pin it down - will definitely be exploring this.
snc123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 11, 2021 05:54 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote See if this post helps. If you see a profile there that matches the pixel size and encoding you want to use and its value is set to "1" double click on it and enter "0" instead.

Thank you so much, i've been onto support for a month and they were no help at all!!!
Werdna [Avatar]
[Post New]
Unfortunately, everything suggested I've tried but hasn't resolved the issue so it looks like I will have to raise a ticket, although I think I may first try to fully uninstall PD and then re-install - the only thing left I can think of.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 02. 2021 17:35

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Unfortunately, everything suggested I've tried but hasn't resolved the issue so it looks like I will have to raise a ticket, although I think I may first try to fully uninstall PD and then re-install - the only thing left I can think of.

Any chance you can post a pic of your entire "Produce" screen, I would like to see what you have in this non-working state prior to your corrective actions.

Jeff
Werdna [Avatar]
[Post New]

Any chance you can post a pic of your entire "Produce" screen, I would like to see what you have in this non-working state prior to your corrective actions.

Jeff
[Thumb - Screenshot 2021-02-03 065719.png]
 Filename
Screenshot 2021-02-03 065719.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
106 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
15 time(s)
optodata
[Post New]
Thanks very much for that! I think you'll find the answer here.
Werdna [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thanks very much for that! I think you'll find the answer here.

I admittedly didn't spend a lot of time yesterday but did try as suggested with no change. I will look in more depth today - thank you though for the gudiance.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 04. 2021 03:11

Werdna [Avatar]
[Post New]
Two months on and despite trying almost every combination of uninstall, re-install of both PD, the graphics cardand following helpful advice offered here, I've never got this to work again.

I've raises a support ticket - CS002331174,
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Two months on and despite trying almost every combination of uninstall, re-install of both PD, the graphics cardand following helpful advice offered here, I've never got this to work again.

I've raises a support ticket - CS002331174,

I can totally relate, it my view this feature was a half completed effort that really maybe was just a focus on perhaps the laptop market but has implications for any desktop too and the plethora of configurations maybe not properly vetted.
I've run with simultaneous AMD and NVideo GPU's and see one set of anomalies
I've run with two simultaneous Nvidia GPU and see another set of anomalies
I've run with two AMD GPU's and see another set of anomalies

I helped a recent user that had a issue very similar to yours, a blank and unselectable fast rendering technology box like you show. In a nut shell the end approach that worked was:
1) Use DDU and remove all traces of installed GPU's. He had several and several brands. Not only discrete but CPU based too.
2) Get GPU functional with just VGA drivers, don't let windows beat you to installing a driver
3) Make sure BIOS set appropriately for specific PCI first slot of GPU and any CPU specific GPU disabled and monitor only plugged into discrete GPU
4) Load GPU specific drivers
5) I've launched PD periodically in these steps to see what it has for hardware encoding, what the about box indicates and so on of confirmation of config vs PD capability shown.

Approach probably not something I'd suggest to the typical PD user that is struggling. In the end, I had a Nvidia working system for him. I can only think the issue was from multiple GPU's once installed in his system and inadequate full uninstalls of all pertinent stuff. Nvidia, AMD, nor windows alone achieve that.

Hopefully CL will resolve with your ticket.

Jeff
Werdna [Avatar]
[Post New]

I can totally relate, it my view this feature was a half completed effort that really maybe was just a focus on perhaps the laptop market but has implications for any desktop too and the plethora of configurations maybe not properly vetted.
I've run with simultaneous AMD and NVideo GPU's and see one set of anomalies
I've run with two simultaneous Nvidia GPU and see another set of anomalies
I've run with two AMD GPU's and see another set of anomalies

I helped a recent user that had a issue very similar to yours, a blank and unselectable fast rendering technology box like you show. In a nut shell the end approach that worked was:
1) Use DDU and remove all traces of installed GPU's. He had several and several brands. Not only discrete but CPU based too.
2) Get GPU functional with just VGA drivers, don't let windows beat you to installing a driver
3) Make sure BIOS set appropriately for specific PCI first slot of GPU and any CPU specific GPU disabled and monitor only plugged into discrete GPU
4) Load GPU specific drivers
5) I've launched PD periodically in these steps to see what it has for hardware encoding, what the about box indicates and so on of confirmation of config vs PD capability shown.

Approach probably not something I'd suggest to the typical PD user that is struggling. In the end, I had a Nvidia working system for him. I can only think the issue was from multiple GPU's once installed in his system and inadequate full uninstalls of all pertinent stuff. Nvidia, AMD, nor windows alone achieve that.

Hopefully CL will resolve with your ticket.

Jeff

Thanks for your response. As a test, I did all of this today - no change.
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for your response. As a test, I did all of this today - no change.

Still just the blank box as shown in your prior pic when you have a default compatible PD profile selected? Don't use a custom profile as prior for simple functionality check.

Probably take a while to get CL to resolve, be patient to get through the first level support with your ticket with lots of cue card replies prior to maybe getting a level of support that can actually help you.

Jeff