Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio ducking does nothing
John8 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 15, 2021 23:56 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi There,
I have a clip with different audio tracks as shown. There's one track each for sound effects, narration and background music. I selected the background music (bottom) then tools / audio ducking. When I click "OK", it analyzes for a while, and then nothing happens. The music volume does not show any ducking -- it remains flat as shown. What am I missing?

How does the ducking tool know which audio track I want to duck against? I want it duck only against the narration track and not against the sound effect track. Is it possible or necessary to target it at a specific audio track?
[Thumb - timeline.jpg]
 Filename
timeline.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
233 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
14 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 16. 2021 00:29

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Since you selected the audio in track 3 prior to "Audio Ducking" selection, this audio track should be reduced based on content in tracks 1 and 2. You might try increasing the sensitivity and see if any ducking occurs.

Jeff
John8 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 15, 2021 23:56 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Well that worked beautifully. Looks like I was way overthinking this. Thank you!