Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
0xc000007b error code
leeyunki [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 05, 2021 11:19 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Please help me, every time I open powerdirector 0xc0000007b error code happens.
How this happen = When it was first time opening the powerdirector there were two error codes, powerdirector asked for mfc110u.dll and msvcr110.dll so I downloaded the dll online and then pasted on my System 32 folders, After that the error code for this doesnt appear but now 0xc000007b error code appears. I tried most of the solutions on the internet but it didn;t work. I feel like my System 32 and Syswow64 folders are messed up, because I pasted and deleted alot of dll files that the internet asked me to. It didn't actually worked. I tried changing my powerdirector version to 18 and 365 but they both also didn't work. Please Help me I really need to use powerdirector. Thank you!
[Thumb - powerdirector error msg.png]
 Filename
powerdirector error msg.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
516 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
22 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Something is wrong with your installation. You shouldn't ever need to download those files to make it run.

Uninstall PowerDirector and try installing it again. You may need to right-click on the installer (or the App Manager if you have the subscription version) and choose Run as Administrator.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

From MS Community:

MSVCR110.dll is the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable dll that is needed for projects built with Visual Studio 2011. The dll letters spell this out.
MS = Microsoft, V = Visual, C = C++, R = Redistributable

The mfc110u.dll is a default file from your Windows. As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you perform System File Checker (SFC) scan by following the steps on this link about how to run the SFC tool. This is to scan for missing or corrupted data files and fix them.

I would suggest that you uninstall PowerDirector, making sure that you have the correct install files to do a reinstall, carry out Windows file integrity checks to ensure that your base system is working correctly, then reinstall PowerDirector once everything checks out.

This link might be helpful:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/using-system-file-checker-in-windows-10-365e0031-36b1-6031-f804-8fd86e0ef4ca

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator