Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I bring back the easy access to the subtitle room? The last update broke this
killertomato [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 28, 2018 22:23 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
With the latest update of PW365 the subtitle room is now hidden behind 3 dots in the vertical bar of icons on the leftmost panel.

For the life of me I can't figure out how to get it back to the way it was before the update or figure out why on earth they'd even do this. There's plenty of screen real estate to not hide/bury this feature and it's something I'm accessing all the time as part of my work-flow.

How do I bring it back? If not is there a keyboard shortcut/hotkey I could implement to access it? I couldn't find this either.

This is absolutely frustrating requiring to change something that wasn't broke for no reason (I probably click this at least 100 times on each project so I guess I'm now making over 200+ clicks...). What am I missing?

Also why are there now red dots on the left panel? What's the point of that? It makes it look like I have notifications or something has changed... I don't understand what purpose they serve either.

Thanks in advance!
[Post New]
Hello killertomato,

[I'll move your thread to the PDR forum, where it will get the attention it deserves]

Have you noticed the ••• in the left panel (under the audio mixing icon)? If you click on that you can open the other modules of your choice.

N.B. In the screenshot, mine are greyed out because there's no media content in the timeline.

The red dots indicate that new content has been added with a recent update. After that module & new contents have been viewed/opened the red dots don't appear.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]

How do I bring it back? If not is there a keyboard shortcut/hotkey I could implement to access it? I couldn't find this either.!

The hotkey for the subtitle room is F12.

Dave
killertomato [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 28, 2018 22:23 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello killertomato,

Have you noticed the ••• in the left panel (under the audio mixing icon)? If you click on that you can open the other modules of your choice.

The red dots indicate that new content has been added with a recent update. After that module & new contents have been viewed/opened the red dots don't appear.

PIX

Thanks, yes I've noticed this but what I don't understand is why it's now buried under that extra layer of 3 dots? Why does what used to take one click now take two? It's not like there's too many icons running down the left panel. There really isn't away to put access to the subtitles back to where exactly they were prior to the update? Someone thought this was a good idea?

Also the red dot thing is kind of infuriating, I now have to go click through a billion things just to make them go away?

Minor things for most, but terrible UX in my opinion and now I have to click twice the amount of time.
Another user pointed out that I can hit F12 but nowhere in PD was this even mentioned! I guess that's now my new mehtod of accessing the subtitles since the UX designers don't actually use their own products and are hiding things for no reason...