Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Piles of Videos
GlenB [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 20, 2020 21:34 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
On my PC I have an external hard drive H: that is full of "media". It is already divided into subdirectories. I have H:/Movies and H:/Photos and H:/Music and H:/TV. Within the Movies directory I have subdirectories titled Adventure, Comedy, General, Musicals, Rom-Com and SciFi. Similar for the other categories.

Inside PowerDVD 20 in the Media Library >> Movies/TV >> Movie Library I pointed PowerDVD to H:\Movies and under Media Library >> Movies/TV >>TV Shows I pointed PowerDVD to H:/TV. It loded all my content into the PowerDVD library. And I turned on the DLNA services.

Now when I go to my TV and switch the input to my DLNA server on my PC the "Videos" entry in the DLNA lists every single Movie and TV show/season all in one huge bucket, with no apparent ability to organize it in the way my original folder structure was organized. That makes over 100 pages that I need to scroll through and it's not even paricularly well sorted. That takes forever!! to load and it is useless to easily find something interesting to watch.

What am I missing? Maybe there is a way in PowerDVD to sort the entries and put them into subfolders that will appear in the DLNA selection screens? I don't know. What do you do?
[Post New]
Same. I have a lot of anime organized by series and seasons. Each season can contrain 12-24 episodes (the individual video files). I have over 3000 of these files. A big "pile" of videos is not very helpful.
GlenB [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 20, 2020 21:34 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
What I have for media is Movies and TV shows (mosty whole seasons).
And I have them nicely organized into directories and sub-directories.
If I add them to PowerDVD under Movies/TV then it is a huge pile, a mess, that ignores the organization I had created.
Even if I went to the effort of giving them a Genre it wouldn't be enough.
But if I add both directories under Videos then AT LEAST it allows me to browse them under the Folder names I gave them but it's only one level deep I think, so only marginally useful.

Still looking for an explanation of how to make PowerDVD handle this properly.