Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Casting Blu-ray
GlenB [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 20, 2020 21:34 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
The main reason I bought PowerDVD 20 was because it said it supported Casting to Chromecast on my TV.

I seems that was a slight over-statement, right - it will cast certain file types from my media library but it does NOT seem to want o cast a Blu-ray movvie in my Blu-ray drive. I suppose I could spend hours ripping/pinning and converting the movie to save it on my media hard drive, but that more than somewhat eliminates the spontineity of watching a movie!

So tell me if I have it wrong. Is there a way to pop a BD into the drive and stream that to my TV?
Or should I return the software for a refund?
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
No software is allowed to cast/stream a Blu-ray disc because of the content protection in the disc from the movie studios. You'll have to connect your computer to your TV directly if you want to play it.

Dave

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 21. 2020 20:16

ToddWLippincott [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 15, 2021 23:18 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote No software is allowed to cast/stream a Blu-ray disc because of the content protection in the disc from the movie studios. You'll have to connect your computer to your TV directly if you want to play it.

Dave

I understand movie studio protection but I want to cast my own created bluray. So how can that be accomplished.
GlenB [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 20, 2020 21:34 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Good point. Perhaps PowerDVD should check to see if there is protection on the Blu-Ray disk before deciding if the link to cast should be on the menu or not?