Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Confused on some simple basics
Kevin R.
Contributor Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas Joined: Aug 17, 2010 15:58 Messages: 320 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All,

I am an older school photostudio user, and a LONG time PowerDirector Pro(6), so I know about searching the forums.

My problem is, I seem unable to find some basic instructions/tutorials for what would be considered BASIC photo editing commands. Such as a simple crop,resize,and paste to a second layer (head of person A superimposed on body of person B).

The tutorials I have found seem to be more of the advanced tools, which I look VERY forward to playing with, but if I can't figure out the basics, those other tools may be of no use.

Please advise if there is a youtube page with these basics for newbs to this software.

Thanks in advance
Kevin R.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 20. 2020 14:49

Saving the world, one goofy video and meme at a time.
[Post New]
Hello Kevin,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing

I started preparing some screenshots, but realised it was unnecessary.

This page in the CyberLink Learning Centre has links to all the CL tutorials & tips, including:

This page shows how to do a basic crop/straighten.

I'm not sure whether it's covered in those tutorials, but you can only resize a photo at the Export stage, under Image Sizing. You'll find it quite self explanatory.

To work with Layers, you'll find those tools under the Edit tab. Once you start playing with it, there's a lot you can do in that module.

Don't be afraid to ask if you reach a stumbling block.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Kevin R.
Contributor Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas Joined: Aug 17, 2010 15:58 Messages: 320 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for the links, I hope they help.
My first, and most irritating thing right now is not understanding all the tabs and what they do, along with not being able to simply start a new project.
Any time I try to open the program, all the images I brought in earlier projects appear, and I seem unable to make them go away.
I have tried deleting, removing from library etc, all to no avail.
I hope the links you provided will at least address this simple action.
Thanks in advance.
Kevin R.

Quote Hello Kevin,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing

I started preparing some screenshots, but realised it was unnecessary.

This page in the CyberLink Learning Centre has links to all the CL tutorials & tips, including:

This page shows how to do a basic crop/straighten.

I'm not sure whether it's covered in those tutorials, but you can only resize a photo at the Export stage, under Image Sizing. You'll find it quite self explanatory.

To work with Layers, you'll find those tools under the Edit tab. Once you start playing with it, there's a lot you can do in that module.

Don't be afraid to ask if you reach a stumbling block.

PIX
[Post New]
Hello again,

PhD, by default, opens the most recently used project. To start a new project, go to File > New Project.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Kevin R.
[Post New]
OK, that answers my question on that.
Thank you for your patience and your help!

Kevin R.

Quote Hello again,

PhD, by default, opens the most recently used project. To start a new project, go to File > New Project.

PIX