Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Auto-resume setting ignored
peate [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 13, 2020 11:04 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDVD 20 always "Resumes from last scene", regardless whether the setting being "Start from beginning" or "Prompt before".
My previous version 11 never had this problem; it always started from the main menu.

Is this a bug? Is there a Registry entry I can modify?

I'd prefer to stick with Version 20, than roll back to 11 just for that feature, but it's annoying when you start a DVD and you're not expecting sound right away.

Thanks for your help.
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Quote PowerDVD 20 always "Resumes from last scene", regardless whether the setting being "Start from beginning" or "Prompt before".
My previous version 11 never had this problem; it always started from the main menu.

Is this a bug? Is there a Registry entry I can modify?

I'd prefer to stick with Version 20, than roll back to 11 just for that feature, but it's annoying when you start a DVD and you're not expecting sound right away.

Thanks for your help.

Set the resume setting as "Prompt before" in powerdvd's settings.

Go to start the DVD playback in powerdvd's Movies/TV library.
(Do not launch the .ifo file or use any other ways to start the playback.)

Then, click "Restart" but not resume on the playback startup page to play the DVD, the playback should enter the main menu after it started.
peate [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 13, 2020 11:04 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

Set the resume setting as "Prompt before" in powerdvd's settings.

Go to start the DVD playback in powerdvd's Movies/TV library.
(Do not launch the .ifo file or use any other ways to start the playback.)

Then, click "Restart" but not resume on the playback startup page to play the DVD, the playback should enter the main menu after it started.

That worked, thanks for the tip.