Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cannot Connect to YouTube Server
BuhayLala [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 24, 2020 21:38 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have not been able to connect to YouTube to produce a video for over a week. I have even tried moving my subscription to a different machine. I have internet access and can connect to YouTube in my browser. This clearly appears to be a problem with Power Director itself. When will this be addressed?
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have not been able to connect to YouTube to produce a video for over a week. I have even tried moving my subscription to a different machine. I have internet access and can connect to YouTube in my browser. This clearly appears to be a problem with Power Director itself. When will this be addressed?
\

Just produce your video to your hard drive then use your browser to upload to youtube. I never use PD connection method.
PowerDirector Tutorials Team
BuhayLala [Avatar]
[Post New]
\

Just produce your video to your hard drive then use your browser to upload to youtube. I never use PD connection method.

I am doing that but that's a workaround, not a solution. One of the primary reasons I use Power Director is to be able to produce and upload in one step. It's an important feature for me.
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]

I am doing that but that's a workaround, not a solution. One of the primary reasons I use Power Director is to be able to produce and upload in one step. It's an important feature for me.

PD does not read the forums. Open a ticket with them and they may have a different answer for you. Until then use the workaround until they get back to you. PowerDirector Tutorials Team
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am doing that but that's a workaround, not a solution. One of the primary reasons I use Power Director is to be able to produce and upload in one step. It's an important feature for me.

I've produced and uploaded 1000+ videos without ever using the built-in produce/upload - except for a couple times when helping on the forum - and just now I went through all the authorization steps and was able to produce/upload a sample video:

I'm not sure where PD stores the login info for online accounts, so maybe the easiest thing to do is to change the password on your YT account which will prevent PD from accessing it. See if that brings up a new authorization window and try the new password.

You can also try uninstalling PD and then reinstalling it. Otherwise waiting for a response from tech support after you've submitted a request may be the best option.
BuhayLala [Avatar]
[Post New]
SOLUTION:

I found the source of the problem. It is not PowerDirector but rather AT&T Fiber. AT&T Fiber's DNS servers appear to be out of date in some way. When I changed the PC network settings to use Google's DNS server and not the AT&T router supplied DNS, I was able to connect to YouTube to upload.

Since I was able to connect to YouTube Studio and upload via the web browser, I'm going to to speculate that PowerDirector connects to a different host to do its uploading and that the host in question is no longer or not correctly listed in AT&T's DNS.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 01. 2020 15:43

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for posting what worked for you!

I also have AT&T fiber and I had no trouble with the default 68.94.156.8 and 68.94.157.8 DNS servers, but I'll switch to 8.8.8.8 or maybe Cloudfare's 1.1.1.1 if I have any website issues like this in the future.