Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Resusable photograph effect
henlfern [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2019 06:09 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everyone,

I'm in the middle of editing a vacation movie in Powerdirector 19 and want to mix images with videos. I'm looking for a way to apply a custom (or downloadable) effect on, perhaps, a dosen pictures in a bunch, then move on with clips and then do the same thing with another dosen photos.

What I'm really looking for here is some kind of effect/PiP/particle or whatever it is called. Had I've been using Photoshop, or any other Adboe product, it would have been called Actions. In other words, a template where I can add scaling, rotation, a border - perhaps even a shutter sound in the beginning.

When that "template" is done, I would like to add this action/template to the next photo, thus creating a slideshow with photos being "thrown on the table" in a nice way. Sure, I can do this picture after picture, but that is tedious work with setting every angle and rotation etc for every picture. If I can produce 4 or 5 template with different angles, different rotations I can mix every single one of them to make a great mix.

I though I'd made it when I did a PiP and saved that, but I learned the hard way that every time I drag that PiP to the timeline - it's the same picture with the animation that I want. And I don't want a dosen of the same picture.

Is this at all possible in Powerdirector? Am I looking for something in the wrong place? Is this already available somewhere deep inside the program perhaps?

I appreciate any tips and tricks you can give me.

// Adam
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Hi henlfern

You saved a Pip and that you can use for another photo.
Add the Pip on the timeline, drag from the library, the new photo onto the pip on the timeline in the menu that appears select replace.
If the photo has the same aspect ratio it will be perfect if you don't have to make adjustments.
You can also copy several Pip at once, paste in another position and make substitutions
You can also save the project with lots of pip and other effects, to use whenever you want, opening this project first, or during your new project, using the Insert project option, it will be added at the cursor position (needle)
In the Pip editor we have no way to add more than one photo, also not audio, saving the project is the closest XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
henlfern [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2019 06:09 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Yes! It works! Wonderful! Thank you!