Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Move Precut clips into main media library
[Post New]
Hello,

I use the Precut feature for larger clips, once it is done, it puts them in a sub folder. Can I take the clips I want from the sub folder into the main media library?

Or only drop them into the timeline?

Thanks
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

I use the Precut feature for larger clips, once it is done, it puts them in a sub folder. Can I take the clips I want from the sub folder into the main media library?

Or only drop them into the timeline?

Thanks

I never used Precut ... I do the same on the timeline using the tool, Split and Del.

I checked here after using Precut ... just drag the same file to the timeline.

When I intend to use this edited video many times, I produce it as a new video (file)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 12. 2020 08:34

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
One could do precuts on all the desired videos placed in the media library. Add new videos to it all the time, make new precuts and save the master project as named say ‘Main’. When a new project is desired then load ‘Main’. Edit, add to it and save it as a different project. If one forgets to save it as a new project then File/New workspace will allow a new project to be started with an emptied timeline.