Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Codec for use with Dacast
Bremmen [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 21, 2020 22:43 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

I'm producing videos for a company and they are using Dacast for streaming them. I'm using H.264 AVC with the stock MPEG-4 1280x720/24p (16 Mbps) profile with Surround sound AAC 5.1 selected. Dacast is having problems with the videos and they are thinking it is a problem with the codec used. I thought this would have been a safe setting to go with. Does anyone either have experience with Dacast or with what I selected as the profile to use for an online video streaming service? Any help would be truly appreciated.

Cheers
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
I'd probably start with their guidelines. https://www.dacast.com/support/knowledgebase/what-is-the-best-file-format-for-videos-and-what-formats-are-supported/#:~:text=The%20best%20video%20format%20for%20broadcasting%20on%20Dacast%20is%20MP4,then%20encoded%20to%20become%20compatible.

Jeff