Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How apply stabilization to single clip?
rkruz3 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 19, 2020 10:21 Messages: 112 Offline
[Post New]
PD 19.
Apparently Keyframes is not part of stabilization. Stabilization does not appear in the keyframe window.
I have 35 clips in this video. How can I apply stabilization to a single clip?
The only option available to me is "apply to all" or every clip in the track according to the pop up window.
Any ideas?
thanks!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Select the one clip and apply stabilization, it will only apply to that one clip then.

Jeff
rkruz3 [Avatar]
[Post New]
are you sure?. The message thats displays when covering with the mouse is "applies to all clips on the same track". Ive done that before for audio noise thinking it would only apply to the selected clip but it applied to all clips on the track. Im sure this would be the same here, it will apply to all tracks.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
See attached pic, stabilize applied only to middle clip.

Yes, if you see that message if you select apply to all, just don't select that.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD19_Stabilize.png]
 Filename
PD19_Stabilize.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
319 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 31. 2020 22:16

rkruz3 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I wish there was an option. The option is "apply to all" or "Keyframe" and Keyframe does not have stabilization in its list. When the mouse hovers of Apply to All, the message states that the stabilization will apply to all clips in the track.
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Select the clip, go to "Fix / Enhance", select Stabilize, close the Fix / Enhance window with the "X" in the corner or simply click on the timeline.

Jeff
rkruz3 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I wish there was an option. The option is "apply to all" or "Keyframe" and Keyframe does not have stabilization in its list. When the mouse hovers of Apply to All, the message states that the stabilization will apply to all clips in the track. If i hover over the clip there is no message about invoking the stabilizer.
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Maybe this step by step will get you there:
1) Select the clip on the timeline, it turns blue
2) Click the "Fix / Enhance" button above the timeline
3) Click the "Video Stabilizer" feature to activate it, a check mark appears
4) Click anywhere in the timeline

You now have stabilizer applied to that single clip.

Jeff
rkruz3 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I wish there was an option. The option is "apply to all" or "Keyframe" and Keyframe does not have stabilization in its list. When the mouse hovers of Apply to All, the message states that the stabilization will apply to all clips in the track. If i hover over the clip there is no message about invoking the stabilizer.

OK. thanks. I think that worked. Very much non intuitive. Unfortunately the stabilization is so bad I had to abandon its use
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Hi rkruz3

Adding to what JL_JL explained very well.
You can apply stabilization to several selected clips on the timeline, hold the "Ctrl" key on the keyboard, while selecting video clips.
If you want to apply to only a part of the clip, you must Split it at the beginning and end, select only this part.
In this case there will be a difference in the video size between without and with stabilization, I use a “cross fade” transition to disguise it. XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
rkruz3 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi rkruz3

Adding to what JL_JL explained very well.
You can apply stabilization to several selected clips on the timeline, hold the "Ctrl" key on the keyboard, while selecting video clips.
If you want to apply to only a part of the clip, you must Split it at the beginning and end, select only this part.
In this case there will be a difference in the video size between without and with stabilization, I use a “cross fade” transition to disguise it.

thank you for the added insight. Once one understands the nuances of user interface its a very powerfull editor. Although I found the stabilizion not to work well. It seem to put the clip into slow motion so I undid it.
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote thank you for the added insight. Once one understands the nuances of user interface its a very powerfull editor. Although I found the stabilizion not to work well. It seem to put the clip into slow motion so I undid it.

It should not put the clip in slow motion. If that observation is based on timeline playback, that's just playback struggle that won't be observed after produce. Try to produce a stabilized clip to your desired output specification and see if you still observe slow motion during playback.

Another option is to render preview but I wouldn't, recommend that, it tends to cause much trouble if not cleared.

Jeff
rkruz3 [Avatar]
[Post New]

It should not put the clip in slow motion. If that observation is based on timeline playback, that's just playback struggle that won't be observed after produce. Try to produce a stabilized clip to your desired output specification and see if you still observe slow motion during playback.

Another option is to render preview but I wouldn't, recommend that, it tends to cause much trouble if not cleared.

Jeff

Makes Sense. Ill give it a try. Thank you!