Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDVD is crushing blacks in HDR videos
IceCool [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 23, 2012 16:37 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Hi
PDVD is crushing blacks in HDR videos. To tuning my set up for HDR content i am using test pattern from Spears & Munsil UHD HDR Benchmark disc. Here is the link to that pattern and video how it looks on my set up https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1knW4_z5-ajaoDW5CmMkH_PSwV5TJHheV?usp=sharing
As you can see only black level 68 and above is visible. Levels 67-65 is merged with reference black level 64. While MPC-HC + madVR show all levels till 65.
Also pay attention to levels 70, 72, 79 and 80. This levels is much darker then one to the right. Must be vice verse.
I've allready contacted Cyberlink support and they said this is not a bug, this is feature. Just letting you know that PDVD is doing something with HDR videos and this is not good for picture quality.