Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Rendering preview
3POINT [Avatar]
Member Location: Germany Joined: Oct 01, 2015 03:52 Messages: 149 Offline
[Post New]
I don't understand why rendering a preview from a timeline selection takes a lot more time than producing that same timeline selection? Also where is that preview rendering stored? Recware: DJI Osmo Pocket, GoproHero7Black, PanasonicFZ300/HCX909, Sony PXW-X160.
Software: Vegaspro365+Vegasaur/PowerDirector365
Hardware: i910900k,32GB,GTX2080s, 1920x1200 display
Playware: Samsung Qled QE65Q6FN, Philips 55PFL7108
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It's always been that way, and the rendered version often causes problems because PD will try and use it even when you've made further changes to that clip on the timeline.

You can easily delete the cached versions as described here.

I've found that it's much quicker and far more reliable to use the Range Selection markers to select a section of your timeline then use Produce Range to fully render it. Replace the timeline section with the newly-produced content and PD won't slow down because all the cumbersome edits will be fully produced.

Make sure you produce any sections in the same format as your finished video so PD won't have to produce those sections again. Depending on the format and what other edits are involved in the final project, SVRT may be available which can really speed up the final producing run.