Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector and Changing Background of a Video
Bremmen [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 21, 2020 22:43 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

I'm looking to validate what I've found in the forums before proceeding. I'm helping a company edit their session videos for a virtual conference. The sessions are taped in Zoom. Some of the speakers do not change their background so I need to add the conference background to them. I need to remove backgrounds such as kitchens, offices, etc. From the way it looks, there is no straightforward way to do this without also purchasing ColorDirector. It can be accomplished using the Chroma Key feature but unless the subject is in front of a green screen it will not be very easy to accomplish. Am I correct in that or have I overlooked something? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
Unless the background has a smooth, even-colored background -- set up for Chroma Key -- you're not going to find an easy way to swap in a background of a video in PowerDirector.
Bremmen [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 21, 2020 22:43 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you! I thought as much but wanted to verify. Most appreciated!