CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Install from Pioneer directions fails
Reply to this topic
Airheadbit [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Oct 05, 2020 17:04 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I purchased a BDR-XD07B which came with directions to register and download Media Suite but CyberLink did not ask for the KEY provided by Pioneer before downloading. I installed the software but there doesn't appear to be a way to install the KEY...
[Post New]
There is a lot of missing information, like what version of media suite are you trying to install? Also, you said in your subject line that the installation fails, but that it installed OK. What happens when you try and launch media suite? I believe the product key should be entered suring installtion.

Dave
Airheadbit [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Oct 05, 2020 17:04 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote There is a lot of missing information, like what version of media suite are you trying to install? Also, you said in your subject line that the installation fails, but that it installed OK. What happens when you try and launch media suite? I believe the product key should be entered suring installtion.

Dave

I downloaded the current Media Suite 16 as of 9/30/2020 that is at CyberLink site. The install fails because it does NOT ask for the KEY that is on the back page of the Pioneer manual, according to the Pioneer Manual the KEY will be requested "After signing in the product key input screen will be displayed" - NOPE, never happened so now every time I run any CyberLink application I get prompted to purchase the product and the days left of the existing 15 day trail, that is why I call the install a failure.
And when I uninstalled the worthless software I had to mark each of the applications that make up Media Suite 16 one at a time, user friendly NOT. Every hear of a check all button?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 06. 2020 07:31

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 4493 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I purchased a BDR-XD07B which came with directions to register and download Media Suite but CyberLink did not ask for the KEY provided by Pioneer before downloading. I installed the software but there doesn't appear to be a way to install the KEY...

What you get is probably a fairly old MediaSuite OEM version so don't get too excited. I'm guessing you need to use perhaps this link https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Computer/Computer+Drives/BDR-XD07B#downloads and under downloads is "Cyberlink Software". It then takes you to a CL page to enter your SN and get a digital copy.

Jeff
Reply to this topic