CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Radial Blur Transition for PD?
Reply to this topic
Ravatex [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jul 30, 2020 13:43 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I used to use Camtasia Studio 8, and one of my favourite transitions was "Radial Blur".

I was wondering if someone can make that effect for PowerDirector (I have PD15 if that makes a difference).

This would help me out a lot!

I hope I am posting this in the right place, if not I apologize.

- Ross
[Post New]
Hello Ross,

I'm familiar with the Radial Blur transition in Camtasia, having used it for some years myself.

Though I haven't fully explored every transition possibility in PDR19, I believe something similar could be replicated using a simple fade transition with an effect applied at the same time.

For those unfamiliar with it, here's a screen capture showing the transition and how it looks played back frame-by-frame:

Many versions of PDR ago, there was a set of NewBlue FX called NewBlue Motion Effects, two of which were Shear Energy & Spin Blur. Either of these, applied "over" a fade transition would give you something close to the Camtasia Radial Blur transition. Motion FX is still purchasable from NB.

PIX

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 28. 2020 23:52

PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
It turns out Zoom Blur in NB FX came closest.

PIX PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 5390 Offline
[Post New]
Decided to check out PD15 and follow PIX’s instruction “I believe something similar could be replicated using a simple fade transition with an effect applied at the same time.” Here is one rendition using the PD15 fx Radial Blur effect that can be keyframed say during a fade transition. See the attached video.
 Filename
Radial Blur.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
Radial Blur applied during the transition to the second video.
 Filesize
1677 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
9 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 5390 Offline
[Post New]
504 Gateway timeout. Deleted the text.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 28. 2020 23:05

Reply to this topic