Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Transitions not working but only at the end
CharlotteD [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 09, 2020 09:01 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi!
I'm having trouble with a transition I'm adding between a clip and a title. It was all working fine until the update.
The sequence is very simple and runs as, title - transition - clip - transition - title (no edits in the clip at all).

The first transition works perfectly but the second transition starts to work and then just cuts to the title without transitioning at all. I'm using it as an overlap.

I've tried other transitions and also moving the clip and title to different tracks as well as starting a new project and I get the same results regardless - is there a setting that's changed that I've missed?

I've noticed that the clip and title don't sit on the timeline in the same way together as they do at the beginning of the sequence but I can't work out how to change this or even if this is the problem.

I'm a beginner when it comes to using Power Director and I have a feeling it's a very simple fix!
Thank you for any help you can offer.
Charli

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 25. 2020 08:36

Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Charli,
I have tried to replay your sequence and it does seem to work as I would expect it to so I don’t immediately see what you mean.
Some notes:
I assume that in the sequence title, clip title, with the transition “between” you mean that the transition is either seen at the and of the title and the beginning of the clip (when in cross mode) or ONLY at the end of the title within the title (when in overlap mode)?
Note that the overlap mode between two elements (titles or clips) forces the transfer to sit at the end of the first element. So, what I see is: title with the transition visible at its end, clip with a transition sitting at the end of that clip, and then the last title.
And, when you click on the clip in between the two titles, you will notice that the outline of the clip overlaps the first title and starts where the transfer starts, and the clip outline ends precisely at the start of the second(last) title. If you click on the last title at the end the outline will overlap the clip and starts with the start of the transition and it ends (obviously) ends when the title ends?
And, when you modify both transitions to be in cross mode, you see that both the outlines of the transitions overlap both the end of the element and the start of the next element.
Maybe try both overlap and cross mode to see whether the behavior you expect shows?
But otherwise it is a good idea to make a screen shot of your timeline, share that and tell us what the behavior is you would expect?
CharlotteD [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Charli,
I have tried to replay your sequence and it does seem to work as I would expect it to so I don’t immediately see what you mean.
Some notes:
I assume that in the sequence title, clip title, with the transition “between” you mean that the transition is either seen at the and of the title and the beginning of the clip (when in cross mode) or ONLY at the end of the title within the title (when in overlap mode)?
Note that the overlap mode between two elements (titles or clips) forces the transfer to sit at the end of the first element. So, what I see is: title with the transition visible at its end, clip with a transition sitting at the end of that clip, and then the last title.
And, when you click on the clip in between the two titles, you will notice that the outline of the clip overlaps the first title and starts where the transfer starts, and the clip outline ends precisely at the start of the second(last) title. If you click on the last title at the end the outline will overlap the clip and starts with the start of the transition and it ends (obviously) ends when the title ends?
And, when you modify both transitions to be in cross mode, you see that both the outlines of the transitions overlap both the end of the element and the start of the next element.
Maybe try both overlap and cross mode to see whether the behavior you expect shows?
But otherwise it is a good idea to make a screen shot of your timeline, share that and tell us what the behavior is you would expect?

Hi!
Thank you for replying so quickly. Sorry for not explaining very well.

Which sequence are you looking at because I have some I have edited before the update which work and some which I'm working on now which don't. If you look at this video https://vimeo.com/461139552 the transition from the starting title to the video clip is geometric and if you skip to the end, the transition from the end of the video clip to the beginning of the closing title has the same geometric transition applied but doesn't transition correctly.

It's the transition from the video clip to the beginning of the closing title that isn't working for me rather than the transition within the title at the end. I have about 40 videos to edit so I'm doing a very simple sequence and using a template for the titles.

I've attached a screenshot of the start of the timeline which is how I would expect it to look and that works and also the end of the timeline which doesn't work. I've applied both as overlapping transitions.

I hope I've explained better this time!
Thank you
 Filename
timeline.pdf
[Disk]
 Description
beginning and end of timeline
 Filesize
215 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
76 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 25. 2020 10:13

Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Ok, I see what you mean.
Even if you remove the last title, the closing transition, the one at the end of the clip does not work. At least not always, correct?
Many transitions DO work and those that do not work in my system are e.g. from (indeed) the Geometric like fade 1 to 6 and Spinning Rectangle. They do not work at the end of a clip (whether there is a following clip and whether that clip happens to be a title, is not relevant it seems.)

I see that there is a work around: If you position the transition right at the end of a clip it does not work as you say. If you click modify you can change the duration and nothing else.
However if you delete that transition at the end and position the transition again fresh from the transition room over the end of the clip and the beginning of the following clip; the transition will work, AND if you click modify, the option to select either Overlap or Cross is back. Set the transition to overlap and it seems to work. Does it for you?

I should think that it is a bug which should be mentioned to CL. There is of course the possibility that those Geometric transitions are meant to be crossing over all the clips of course but still then....
CharlotteD [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Ok, I see what you mean.
Even if you remove the last title, the closing transition, the one at the end of the clip does not work. At least not always, correct?
Many transitions DO work and those that do not work in my system are e.g. from (indeed) the Geometric like fade 1 to 6 and Spinning Rectangle. They do not work at the end of a clip (whether there is a following clip and whether that clip happens to be a title, is not relevant it seems.)

I see that there is a work around: If you position the transition right at the end of a clip it does not work as you say. If you click modify you can change the duration and nothing else.
However if you delete that transition at the end and position the transition again fresh from the transition room over the end of the clip and the beginning of the following clip; the transition will work, AND if you click modify, the option to select either Overlap or Cross is back. Set the transition to overlap and it seems to work. Does it for you?

I should think that it is a bug which should be mentioned to CL. There is of course the possibility that those Geometric transitions are meant to be crossing over all the clips of course but still then....

Hi!
Yes, that's right. I've removed the last title and it still doesn't work and have also been able to modify it to overlap but it still doesn't work for me.
I've just tried it as a transition to another clip and it worked so that's probably the case!
What is annoying it that it used to work as a transition to a title for me.
Noted the transitions that generally don't work for the future! Typical that I've picked one that generally doesn't work - ha ha
I'll mention to CL.
Thank you so much for taking the time to help me. It's very much appreciated.
Charli
CharlotteD [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've resolved it!
Add a colour board to transition to and then add the title below on the timeline.
Warry [Avatar]
[Post New]
That is very good news! You made it work like you wanted it to.
I would still recon that CL should have a look at this and fix it so that it works as might be expected.
CharlotteD [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote That is very good news! You made it work like you wanted it to.
I would still recon that CL should have a look at this and fix it so that it works as might be expected.

Thanks for your help!
Yes, I've submitted a ticket to them about it too.
Thanks again