where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Issue with Director Zone
Reply to this topic
eton27 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Sep 21, 2008 01:51 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hello

I have noticed that recently, DirectorZone will not allow to search for assets(previously, typing sonething in the search box like "water" would bring a slew of particles, titles, transitions, etc.). But now no matter what I put in the search bar in Director Zone, it does not show anything available. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Has Cyberlink eliminated the option to search for templates via search? I hope that isnt the case.
optodata
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 5740 Offline
[Post New]
It's not just you.

I wonder if CL may be in the middle of updating the whole website and some of the new features aren't available just yet. I noticed that when I signed in just now I was taken to a screen to choose an image and add a description about me, and that's totally new.

Hopefully the moderator here will follow up with the appropriate people and let them know about the issue.
eton27 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote It's not just you.

I wonder if CL may be in the middle of updating the whole website and some of the new features aren't available just yet. I noticed that when I signed in just now I was taken to a screen to choose an image and add a description about me, and that's totally new.

Hopefully the moderator here will follow up with the appropriate people and let them know about the issue.

I certainly hope so as well. I would hate to have to wade through the thousands of assets just to find a specific one. Thanks for your input.
[Post New]
Hello eton27 & optodata,

I just signed into DirectorZone to check the reported issue & I'm unable to replicate it here using Google Chrome. Please see my partial screenshot (attached) showing results for "water" search.

The same result came up using Microsoft Edge.

Agreed, the site is having some work done on it. In both tests, I was taken to the same Profile screen optodata mentioned.

PIX
[Thumb - DZ_water search.jpg]
 Filename
DZ_water search.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
484 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
optodata
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 5740 Offline
[Post New]
This is both fascinating and frustrating undecided

I tried just now with Edge and Opera (both with and without its built-in VPN) and none of the results pages show any hits:

How can some people get results while others see absolutely nothing? Is it maybe a geographic issue? I've also tried it being signed in or not, but nothing works for me.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 21. 2020 21:51

eton27 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote This is both fascinating and frustrating undecided

I tried just now with Edge and Opera (both with and without its built-in VPN) and none of the results pages show any hits:

How can some people get results while others see absolutely nothing? Is it maybe a geographic issue?

I'm seeing exactly the same as Optodata, I have tried in multiple browsers(Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Microsoft Edge)but the result is always the same. I am attaching screenshots that show the issue is present wether signed in or not. I hope that this is something that gets rectified soon.
[Thumb - signed in.jpg]
 Filename
signed in.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
476 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
[Thumb - not signed in.jpg]
 Filename
not signed in.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
501 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 21. 2020 22:06

[Post New]
I have no idea what the cause of the issue might be, but it's obviously an issue none of us can resolve.

I'll report it to the team at CyberLink, referencing this thread, & see if they can dig into it & come up with a happy outcome. Based on a "random sample" of people in this thread, DirectorZone is only functioning correctly for 33.3% of users undecided

PIX PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
optodata
[Post New]
Thanks, PIX.

Also possibly of note is that each time I visit the site, I'm asked to sign in. It used to always remember that I'd been signed in, and now the first time I try to I get a spinning dot but nothing else happens until I click on Submit a second time.

Beemer [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Location: Scotland Joined: Dec 27, 2016 02:10 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have no idea what the cause of the issue might be, but it's obviously an issue none of us can resolve.

I'll report it to the team at CyberLink, referencing this thread, & see if they can dig into it & come up with a happy outcome. Based on a "random sample" of people in this thread, DirectorZone is only functioning correctly for 33.3% of users undecided

PIX

I too get now results and I'm in the UK. All searches just bring up 'Sets' for sale.

Another issue is that the Community forum via Director zone takes at least 30 seconds to post.
Ian

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 22. 2020 15:50

[Post New]
Thank you for your input Beemer. Every bit helps. I've referred the issue & this thread to CL.

optodata, even though I'm unable to replicate the search issue (using multiple PCs & browsers) I can confirm the sign-in/profile behaviour you've mentioned. I have (many many times) selected a profile picture & each time I sign in I'm prompted to do it again!

These things are sent to try us, as my dear old Nan used to say.

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 22. 2020 19:36

PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 5390 Offline
[Post New]
That was reported in the FB PDU forum last night. The Op and I found the same issue with the search giving no results. The sorts were working. The Op can write a support ticket if this is important to him.
optodata
[Post New]
No need for a support ticket if what I'm seeing in North America holds true for everyone else. Everything appears to be working as expected for me now, regardless of whether or not I'm signed in

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 5390 Offline
[Post New]
Glad that the search is working again. This issue occured 2 nights ago instead of last night as I stated earlier. The Op may have also reported it to Cyberlink.
[Post New]
Members,

According to CL contacts, the issue has been corrected, even though they, nor I, experienced the problem.

As optodata reports above, whatever the issue was appears to have been put right.

PIX PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
optodata
[Post New]
Did they mention if they were aware of the sign-in issue requiring two Submit clicks? Like you, I'm also still getting the Sign up prompt every time. The form doesn't seem to save my avatar choice but does retain the text I previously typed in:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 23. 2020 00:14

eton27 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Did they mention if they were aware of the sign-in issue requiring two Submit clicks? Like you, I'm also still getting the Sign up prompt every time. The form doesn't seem to save my avatar choice but does retain the text I previously typed in:

Hello everyone

Thanks to everyone involved in this fix, the template page is now functioning as before, but the issue with the login Optodata reports(which I am also experiencing)still remains. Admittaly, it is a minor annoyance but one I hope get corrected soon.
Adina'5678 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Oct 18, 2020 11:20 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi is anyone having a problem again with the
search button on the template page. It seems to have stopped working, every
time I type anything in it says there are 0 results. Please reply ASAP!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 18. 2020 11:38

optodata
[Post New]
Quote Hi is anyone having a problem again with the search button on the template page. It seems to have stopped working, every time I type anything in it says there are 0 results. Please reply ASAP!

I can confirm that the issue has returned. Unfortunately, there's nothing any of us can do about it as it's up to Cyberlink to figure out what's going on and restore the website's search function. Hopefully its a matter of hours, not days.
Adina'5678 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Oct 18, 2020 11:20 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks For your reply, I guess I'll just have to wait it out.frown
[Post New]
Quote Hi is anyone having a problem again with the
search button on the template page. It seems to have stopped working, every
time I type anything in it says there are 0 results. Please reply ASAP!

Yes I'm having the problem today, in chrome and firefox. First time I've ever had this happen. I must admit, I do not like it.
Reply to this topic