Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New updated ruined project assets
gl00mie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 20, 2020 18:47 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I've been enjoying this software but when I decided to update everything it killed a bunch of basic text motion assets, they give Media Source Errors, I have to keep re-doing them step by step or they break...

I'm using Director Suite 365, has anyone ran into this issue?

An update killing common assets is really bad

Trying things here but no luck -
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/62917.page

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 22. 2020 21:23

gl00mie [Avatar]
[Post New]
updating nvidia driver just in case, I can kind of get lucky and fix it but this has killed the seemless interaction I had before, I'm really sad now :c
gl00mie [Avatar]
[Post New]
I don't know exactly what's going wrong, if a certain font triggers it, but when editing motion graphics and simple text pop ups it's constantly crashing now.

Has anyone else ran into this since the update?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Nobody else has reported this, and one thing you can try right away is to manually delete the cache files. This post explains the steps.

I also don't think PD19 has actually destroyed anything unless I'm missing something from your description. It would help to know if your "text motion assets" are timeline items or clips you've previously produced and now can't use.

You may also try going back to an earlier version of the project to see if the problem was present there. See this post for more info.
Dr. Stanley [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 27, 2016 22:07 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I don't know exactly what's going wrong, if a certain font triggers it, but when editing motion graphics and simple text pop ups it's constantly crashing now.

Has anyone else ran into this since the update?

Since updating PD I have been unable to edit any motion graphic, including the ones I've previously edited. There are no editing options when calling up the editor.

Additionally, the Titler no longer has any way to center words or sentences in the title window. Something is terribly wrong with the update, at least on my system.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Since updating PD I have been unable to edit any motion graphic, including the ones I've previously edited. There are no editing options when calling up the editor.

Additionally, the Titler no longer has any way to center words or sentences in the title window. Something is terribly wrong with the update, at least on my system.

You're the first with these issues, and it sounds like something went wrong during installation. You didn't tell us what you updated from or to (PD19 or PD365), but I think you should uninstall PD (keep any personalizations, if prompted) and install it again.

If you have 365 you can do that all from the App Manager. If you have PD19 you'll want to use the Windows uninstaller on the Settings | Apps & features page and the run the PD19 installer again.
Dr. Stanley [Avatar]
[Post New]

You're the first with these issues, and it sounds like something went wrong during installation. You didn't tell us what you updated from or to (PD19 or PD365), but I think you should uninstall PD (keep any personalizations, if prompted) and install it again.

If you have 365 you can do that all from the App Manager. If you have PD19 you'll want to use the Windows uninstaller on the Settings | Apps & features page and the run the PD19 installer again.

Thank you!!! I'm uninstalling (365) now and reinstalling it.
Dr. Stanley [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thank you!!! I'm uninstalling (365) now and reinstalling it.

Nope! Still a problem. Attached to images. In one Title Designer, there are no editing options at all. In the other Title Designer, there are new options (not like previous versions) but nothing to allow centered text.
[Thumb - Screenshot 2020-10-22 211956.png]
 Filename
Screenshot 2020-10-22 211956.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2572 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
9 time(s)
[Thumb - Screenshot 2020-10-22 211820.png]
 Filename
Screenshot 2020-10-22 211820.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2993 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 23. 2020 00:27

optodata
[Post New]
Thanks very much for the screenshots. I have no idea how or why this happened, but the reason you don't see the editing options is that the settings panel is "closed." Use the mouse to click on the 5 vertical dots and drag that to the right as shown here to expose the settings panel:

Dr. Stanley [Avatar]
[Post New]
Bless you!!! It's so obvious now! Geez. I didn't see that. Wow. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Quote Thanks very much for the screenshots. I have no idea how or why this happened, but the reason you don't see the editing options is that the settings panel is "closed." Use the mouse to click on the 5 vertical dots and drag that to the right as shown here to expose the settings panel: