Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Edge issue with video clips
video123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 05, 2019 11:16 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have a video that consist of still images and video clips. When it transitions to a video clip there is a slight gap on the left and right side that doesnt appear in powerdirector. It only appears after producing the video. I have made videos in the past without this issues so I am not sure what is causing it.

Attached are two images, content had to be covered, but the important part is the slight gap at the edge in the one screenshot.

Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
[Thumb - Correct Edge.PNG]
 Filename
Correct Edge.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Correct Edge
 Filesize
32 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
[Thumb - Edge Issue.PNG]
 Filename
Edge Issue.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Edge Issue
 Filesize
217 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi video123 -

I'm not sure whether it's because you've "covered the content" in your screenshots, but I don't understand what your issue is. embarassed

You're saying that what appears is the produced file isn't what's seen in the preview screen when editing. Yes?

Your project is 16:9. Are the videos & pictures 16:9? or a mixture of aspect ratios? Are the images built into a slideshow template or is motion applied?

Whatever the "edge issue" is, does it only occur when the images are playing? or throughout the whole video?

Without revealing your content, you'll probably need to give some more information.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
video123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 05, 2019 11:16 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi video123 -

I'm not sure whether it's because you've "covered the content" in your screenshots, but I don't understand what your issue is. embarassed

If you look at the edge issue image attached you can see a thin black gap on either side of the video clip that is not present when photos are on screen.

You're saying that what appears is the produced file isn't what's seen in the preview screen when editing. Yes?

Correct, I do not see it in preview only when it is produced.

Your project is 16:9. Are the videos & pictures 16:9? or a mixture of aspect ratios? Are the images built into a slideshow template or is motion applied?

The images and videos should both be 16:9. The images are just inserted, see attached screenshot.

Whatever the "edge issue" is, does it only occur when the images are playing? or throughout the whole video?

Edge issue only occurs when a video clip is shown, not on static images.

Without revealing your content, you'll probably need to give some more information.

My initial thought was the bottom green box for the narrations, it extends past the photos/videos but i have used it the same way in the past without issue and tried various test to see if that is the cause but it doesn't seem to be.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Video Structure.PNG]
 Filename
Video Structure.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
49 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Even with your clarifications it's had to understand what's right and what's wrong in your screenshots.

For example, I can clearly see that Correct Edge.png has an all green background but Edge Issue.png has video background. However, that screenshot is also 1990x1080 instead of 1920x1080, so there are 70 more pixels than on the Correct Edge image which throws off any direct comparison.

Maybe a better approach would be take a PD-generated screenshot of one frame from your timeline, and then another screenshot from VLC or Windows Media Player or Win10's Movies & TV app showing the same frame in the produced version. Blank out the content again but this time we should have a better 1:1 view of the differences.

You can also turn off Hardware Acceleration and produce without using Quick Sync or Hardware Video Encoder and see if that solves the issue.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
However, that screenshot is also 1990x1080 instead of 1920x1080, so there are 70 more pixels than on the Correct Edge image which throws off any direct comparison

I'd suggest the extra 70px on the left side of "Edge Issue.PNG" is a product of pasting the screenshot onto a white background then mis-cropping.

video123 - in the attached screenshot (cropped correctly) do the red arrows indicate the issue???

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Edge Issue cropped.png]
 Filename
Edge Issue cropped.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
196 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!